Sky deals after leaving?

Options
fortunefaded
fortunefaded Posts: 17 Forumite
edited 11 June 2018 at 7:41PM in TV MoneySaving
I'm curious what deals are available after leaving sky these days? I went from £10 to £45 after my contract ended and have recently received an offer to return to sky for £20 (offer expired).

Will I get more offers, or is that it?

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £20 is the current standard offering anyway for Sky Entertainment (the old Original bundle) for new customers.

You tend to have more leverage if you had Cinema or Sports before and you can commit to a new 12/18 months contract.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    £20 is the current standard offering anyway for Sky Entertainment (the old Original bundle) for new customers.

They're throwing in HD for Entertainment for free for 18 months at the moment too.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I left in December and have not been personally contacted since . I don't miss it, finding plenty to watch via catchup, including some content that is not viewable at the time of transmission .eg some good BBC Wales series via iPlayer.
  • Jimmithecat
    Jimmithecat Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I left in December and have not been personally contacted since . I don't miss it, finding plenty to watch via catchup, including some content that is not viewable at the time of transmission .eg some good BBC Wales series via iPlayer.

Same here - I don’t miss it a bit (left jan 2017) - NOW tv (discount passes), catchup (free) and Netflix (shared between 3 of us) there’s not enough time to watch half of the great programmes that are out there - and save so much money!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »

As I've said before - my only reason for chasing Sky deals is for access to Sport. I agree that there is plenty of free stuff out there for Entertainment,Documentaries etc:)
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    I left in December and get one e-mail a month offering me deals to come back, but none of them appear to be good value.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, it's worth looking at Now TV if you have decent BB. Keep an eye out for Now TV boxes with free passes. Sign up, use the free passes - when they expire , cancel so you don't pay. You'll find you get plenty of offers. Usually when you go to cancel, and get to the third 'are you sure you want to cancel' they'll offer a 3 month special deal. I managed to go a whole year without paying full price for movies and entertainment. Sports is normally £32 ish a month on Now TV, movies £10, entertainment £8. Just having the entertainment pass gets you access to all the non-sport/movie channels and box sets. Much cheaper than normal Sky.
  • Orange_King
    Options
    Just negotiated the following deal with Sky as our half price entertainment package was due to end in September and had ended the sports half price offer after the footy season ended.

Entertainment Package £20 per mth
    Sky Sports Package (all Channels) £15 per mth
    Sky Sports in HD £2 per mth
    Free HD Channels on Entertainment
    Free Box Sets
    Upgrade to Sky Q Box from Sky + Box for one off £20.

So £37 per mth which has a lot of extras thrown in.

BT had been offering their TV Package for about £21 but this was on top of their Fibre Unlimited Broadband which I got down to £20 per mth and paying line rental 12 mths up front.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure