What can I do?

Options
After being with Tiscali for a couple of years I decided to change to BT Option 3 when I moved house. I cancelled Tiscali (but was told I'd have to pay up to the end of the month) ordered BT Total Broadband on Oct 3 and was told I'd be connected on the 17th. In the meantime they sent the hub and other bits ready for connection. Engineers called me to say that they'd been unable to connect me. To cut a long story short and after several phone calls to BT they tell me that they haven't got enough 'Tie Pairs' at the exchange and can connect me until they have some more and they don't know when that will be. They also told me, when I said I would cancel and go back to Tiscali, that Tiscali might not have any either. What can I do. I've now been without internet access for 2 months as the month prior to moving there were problems with the BT line due to local flooding.

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like they are giving you the run around, however you need to find out which LLU operators are in your exchange, go onto the Samknows site to find out.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • jillski_2
    jillski_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. Will do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business