IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Period of time elapsed before receiving Parking Charge notification?

edited 9 June 2018 at 8:13PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
26 replies 2.1K views
13»

Replies

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, just give a broken link and we will sort it.
    Sorted for the OP
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done again!

I'm going to link your POPLA Decisions post, which shows your POPLA wording, into the NEWBIES thread 3rd post about POPLA and Golden Tickets, so people can use your wording.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • All,

to round out the saga - as mentioned in my original post, three PCNs were issued to me (as keeper) and not knowing any better, I paid the first one (not knowing two more were invalid). This was before any of the appeals process, and I appealed all three, assuming I'd never see my money back for the one I had paid.

Well, after the three were cancelled by POPLA, I got three letters from PE, one per PCN.

The two relating to the unpaid PCNs were basically "we aren't pursuing it, but we provide an important function - don't do it again!"

The one relating to the paid PCN told me it had been cancelled, and my refund cheque would be in the mail !!:):):)

I'll be happier when it arrives (and clears), but more than I was expecting.

On a related note, is there any purpose in punitively pursing PE? Thinking along the lines of whether they requested the keeper data of the car AFTER they had any 'right' to?

I'm not looking to start a crusade, but wonder if there could be another couple of slamdunks in here. I'm guessing IF they requested Keeper data after the 14 days that's naughty, but they could have requested before then and just not actioned it.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The one relating to the paid PCN told me it had been cancelled, and my refund cheque would be in the mail !!
    Buy a lottery ticket - quick! I can't think of any other PPC who would do this. Maybe best behaviour in light of Parliamentary deliberations on Private Parking?
    On a related note, is there any purpose in punitively pursing PE? Thinking along the lines of whether they requested the keeper data of the car AFTER they had any 'right' to?
    They are able to request keeper details from the DVLA for up to 6 months after the parking incident. They then write to the keeper seeking driver details - if this is beyond PoFA timescales they cannot invoke Keeper Liability, but can pursue the driver if details are (stupidly) provided to them - that's all.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • And to round out the saga, ParkingEye sent me a cheque for the one I had paid and THEN appealed for the full £60, and the cheque cleared!

So definitely worth appealing ones you've already paid!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You are a legend!

I have only seen that achieved on a handful of occasions in over ten years of helping people fight PCNs, and only ever from ParkingEye.

It's been said before, their one redeeming feature is that they will consider late appeals, even after paying. No other PPC would.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides