IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Period of time elapsed before receiving Parking Charge notification?

edited 9 June 2018 at 8:13PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
26 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Batman3479 wrote: »
    Thanks all; no, not a leased car, and owned by me for the whole duration of the incidents described.
    Can you let me have next weeks' winning lottery numbers, please?! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Batman3479 wrote: »
    All,

First-time poster here, so please be kind: I've searched the forums, but not found anyone with precisely the same problem.

Post one of the Newbies Sticky covers this early-on.
  • Batman3479Batman3479 Forumite
    15 Posts
    Thanks everyone for your help - appeals submitted on the operator's site; now to wait for likely rejections before heading over to POPLA.
  • All,

as ever, thanks for your help. Just received 3 separate emails from POPLA saying that "Parkingeye did not wish to contest the appeal, and therefore I do not have to pay".

I had 3 'golden tickets' and followed the advice/process described here: appeal to PE, get a POPLA reference when they reject it, then demonstrate to POPLA (using the 'category' of "Other reason") that PE had not demonstrated who the driver was and that I was under no obligation to provide this information due to the length of time between the event and the issuing of the charge. Their own documentation proved the latter period of time.

I documented it all in a letter (one for each PCN), and for each PCN submitted my scanned PDF letter and PE's scanned PCNs demonstrating the lapse of time: I filled in the minimum info on the POPLA site, and then added my attachment, neatly structured with bits in bold to demonstrate my argument.

Because I had the golden tickets, I didn't include anything else in my document to POPLA (poor signage, no contract, et cetera).

Thanks everyone!
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done on your success and thanks for posting how you structured your POPLA appeal, that will help others.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Great surgical one-appeal-point strike. Well done. :T

Any chance you could copy and paste your POPLA appeal here, which could be a wonderful example to refer other golden ticket recipients to, please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    In the POPLA Decisions thread, with a link back to this thread, mentioning in the POPLA Decisions sticky that this was a 'Golden ticket' win v PE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks all. I've added a more detailed breakdown of events and my letter text to the POPLA decisions sticky thread, but cannot link back to here as a new user. If required, could someone with the required authoritah put a link in?
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, just give a broken link and we will sort it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides