Comments

• OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2018 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Armorica wrote: »
    20 years of senior industry experience -_-

By common, I don't mean a lot of banks. Most banks in the UK are just a single brand/entity.

"It" common amongst the complex groups which I listed in my post - "it" being additional quirks/constraints about how the brands/entities interact in terms of transactions between the two, as well as parallel relationships with each entity/brand.

You're welcome to spend the time reading the T&Cs as I and others have advised.
    If you insist on hair-splitting. Let me rephrase the question:

In your 20 year experience, which groups have not made available switching perks to move between brands/entities within their group?

I'm afraid i cannot be easily convinced by the amount of industry expereince unless there is substantial evidence to support your view.
    You're welcome to spend the time reading the T&Cs as I and others have advised.
    THis is not the issue we are addressing. I'm pretty sure you comprehended my question to begin with.
    2010 Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 June 2018 at 9:33PM
    Options
    For both switches to get the £100, RBS or Natwest, it says pay in £1,500.
    Does this mean every month or a one off, because nowhere does it say every month in the T&C, unless I`m missing something.

https://www.beta.rbs.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/select_account.html?extcam=R_AGG_MSE_MTA_Sel_ALO_AL_OTH_

This offer is available to new and existing customers who switch their current account online.

Just use the Current Account Switch Service online to close your old current account held elsewhere and switch to us before 6 July.

You`ll need to pay in at least £1,500 and log in to Digital Banking or our Mobile Banking app by 24 August. We`ll then pay the £100 by 5 October 2018.
  • OceanSound
    edited 14 June 2018 at 6:57AM
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    For both switches to get the £100, RBS or Natwest, it says pay in £1,500.
    Does this mean every month or a one off, because nowhere does it say every month in the T&C, unless I`m missing something.

https://www.beta.rbs.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/select_account.html?extcam=R_AGG_MSE_MTA_Sel_ALO_AL_OTH_

This offer is available to new and existing customers who switch their current account online.

Just use the Current Account Switch Service online to close your old current account held elsewhere and switch to us before 6 July.

You`ll need to pay in at least £1,500 and log in to Digital Banking or our Mobile Banking app by 24 August. We`ll then pay the £100 by 5 October 2018.

The switch offer terms (proper - as opposed to the promotional material - although these can also be relevant nonetheless) is here:

https://www.beta.rbs.co.uk/content/dam/royal%20bank%20of%20scotland/personal/current-accounts/documents/rbs-switching-offer-terms-may18.pdf

It says:
    ...(b) after your eligible account is opened, you must also:
    (i) deposit £1,500 into your eligible account; and
    (ii) log into our online or mobile banking service,
    before 24th August 2018
    For existing customers you transfer a 'non-RBS account to your existing eligible account....'
    then same condition above applies.

From the wording, it's clear that the £1,500 deposit is a one-off. Otherwise it would have said 'every month' for the next x months. Or it would have said 'if you do not continue to make monthly deposits of £1,500 we may ask for the bonus back. Which is what Nationwide have said 'if you don't keep the account open for a certain time frame'.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 June 2018 at 3:51PM
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »

In your 20 year experience, which groups have not made available switching perks to move between brands/entities within their group?

Yorkshire Bank / Clydesdale Bank
    Second time around after they messed up first time

Coop / Smile
  • OceanSound
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Yorkshire Bank / Clydesdale Bank
    Second time around after they messed up first time

Coop / Smile
    That's only two groups. Hardly 'common' is it? (Notice I did mention Yorkshire/clydesdale in a previous post).

Anyway, shouldn't ARMORICA been able to answer this, with his industry experience and all.
    BTW: This whole experience has made me realise the old sayin "experience speaks for itself' is actually an old wives tale.
  • Armorica
    Armorica Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »
    That's only two groups. Hardly 'common' is it? (Notice I did mention Yorkshire/clydesdale in a previous post).

Anyway, shouldn't ARMORICA been able to answer this, with his industry experience and all.
    BTW: This whole experience has made me realise the old sayin "experience speaks for itself' is actually an old wives tale.

I'm a she, not a he. Why did you make that assumption? (And I have a busy day job...)

I'm not picking through all the T&Cs for you for free when you're persistently snarky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure