BT 15gig usage question

do they include newsgroup downloads in there 15gig limit ?

i didnt wanna ask them ;) im sure i went over my limit but nothing happened :confused: so it made me wonder the above

Comments

• sco0ter
    sco0ter Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    As far as I know and what is in thier T&C it includes ALL information uploaded and downloaded no matter what the source is. Just make sure they dont charge you for the extra GB's in your next month bill
  • justpaper
    justpaper Posts: 856 Forumite
    True ... i read the T/C and they dont charge u if u go over u have to say u want more via online or phone they dont auto/ start charging u, plus its £1.40 ish per gig what a ripp off,.. i signed up to BT when it was unlimited and now they moved every one too 15gig,. and there reason for capping usage is so that " every one can get online ",. what a joke,. why dont they just tell the truth " we cant buy no more servers because the money we paid for a 3G licence killed us "

ill think ill just go with pipex 1mb line :)
  • jimclark1967
    jimclark1967 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Think I just about went over 2GB last month - and I'm on all the time!

:rolleyes:
  • iamchrisli
    iamchrisli Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spend smart, and save more.
  • justpaper
    justpaper Posts: 856 Forumite
    iamchrisli wrote:

thanks for that ...found the missing link (marked in bold below)

For BT Broadband users it is important that you provide us with you current e-mail address. This can be done by visiting https://www.bt.com/broadband/register. This will allow you to register as a bt.com user and enable you to manage your BT account online. From 1st August 2005 the facility to monitor and manage you usage allowance will also be made available from this web-page and you will have the ability to let us know your preferred e-mail address to which we should send any usage alerts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure