Car window won't close/go back up (electric window)

Arsenal2019
Arsenal2019 Posts: 425 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi guys

Recently, my driver side window has been sticking for some reason at the bottom and won't come back up !
Whenever I open my window, it opens. When I go to lower the window more, it opens. But, whenever I decide to close the window, the window still lowers and will not physically come back up.

I manage to get the window to come back up after I continuously try to close the window for 20 or so minutes.

I have tried turning off my car and back on, resetting my battery and I can't find a solution.

My car is a Citroen c2 and has automatic windows.

Could this be a job at a car garage or is it an auto electrician I should see?

P.s- my BSI unit was damaged in some way several months ago, affecting my doors as they wouldn't open- meaning I had to get sesperate locks (i didn't want to pay £500+ for a new BSI unit which could happen brrwak again.

Thanks

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you looked at the various Citroen forums?

Resetting the body control unit may help and doesn't cost anything...

http://www.citroenownersclub.co.uk/bsi-reset.html
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Have you looked at the various Citroen forums?

Resetting the body control unit may help and doesn't cost anything...

http://www.citroenownersclub.co.uk/bsi-reset.html

Good advice. My Civic had issues with the window switches due to a flat battery a couple of times. There's a reset sequence to follow and once I'd done this they all worked fine again.

Hopefully there'll be something for your car as well.
  • Arsenal2019
    Ok thank you guys. I'll have a look for it and see what I can find! In the mean time Do you think unplugging and plugging in the battery could help
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    May just be a dodgy switch, do you have a central switch that opens & closes all windows?
  • Arsenal2019
    No I don't. The driver side switch to control the window is on the right side of gear stick and the passenger is to the left side
  • Can you close them from your key fob? Some cars will close the windows if you press and hold the lock button on the key fob.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you close them from your key fob? Some cars will close the windows if you press and hold the lock button on the key fob.

Or if you insert the key and hold the key in the lock position. Works on all VW Group cars at least
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Arsenal2019
    No, afraid that doesn't do it
  • Arsenal2019
    Iv had a mechqnic do you that years ago to my car, I can't remember what it was for. if do that, what does it do ?(putting key in and holding lock button)
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Iv[sic] had a mechqnic[sic] do you[sic] that years ago to my car, I can't remember what it was for. if do that, what does it do ?(putting key in and holding lock button)

We don't know because it can be different for different cars. Have you found anything in the manual or on the Citroen forum you were linked to yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure