IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Parking Fines - Now Court Papers arrive URGENT ADVISE PLEASE

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why don't you follow the guidance offered in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?

In particular, Bargepole's walkthrough tells you how to answer every single question on that form.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had any results from mediation with VCS?
    No, because no-one ticks yes, because they follow the NEWBIES thread (2nd post) advice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • karenep
    karenep Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I am being absolutely thick, Ive read that over an over and cannot work out which is the 2nd post, is this within the q&a's any tips on exactly which part I should zoom in on would be appreciated.

I have written to VCS although not got a reply, is it worth sending a copy of this to the Courts. I really do not want to have to attend court, particularly as VCS have specified a court 3 hours from where I live.

"I write with frustration to the situation regarding Court proceedings relating to parking fines for parking in our own space at the property that we own!

We have several vehicles within the family, all registered in individuals names but insured for several drivers each. The fines that have come through have arrived in the name of ???????, who is the registered owner but not necessarily the driver.

The parking fines relate to Vehicles we own being parked in Space ?? !!!8211; our allocated space. On our deeds we have a Car Parking Space !!!8220;Space ??!!!8221; (a plan is provided to us and previously sent to the Courts) which is detailed as a Secure Car Park. At no point does it mention VCS having control of the car park. We have not agreed ourselves to a permit scheme. If you would like a copy of this from our deeds, I am happy to get this sent to you.

The Car Park which holds 40 vehicles rarely has more than 10 vehicles in it !!!8211; always, there are empty spaces and parking has never been an issue with Shoppers using the car park. The Car Park additionally, is secured with locked gates, you need a Fob to enter this car park !!!8211; why would this be an issue and necessitate a Permit system?

You allocate just one permit in any case, this is not sufficient. We ourselves do not reside at the property, and we have to visit to carry out remedial works and in fact had to make several visits most recently due to significant lengthy issues !!!8211; There was a major water leak which meant the properties had NO water for several days, we had to have the Water Boiler overhauled due to a major breakdown and we have had several instances of Mice within the Apartment !!!8211; whilst Premier instructed a local company, they did not undertake the blocking of any access points and we had to carry out this works ourselves. Obviously, when we attend the property for maintenance, we need to park the vehicle and use space ?? for this purpose.

There have been occasions when the same car, day in day out parks within space ??, showing a permit !!!8211; however, the one day the permit has fallen from the screen, a parking fine is applied to the vehicle !!!8211; VCS know this vehicle and know the vehicle has been there day in day out showing a permit. There was a time when Premier were delayed sending out permits, and VCS even then, although being told by Premier not to do so, applied parking tickets. The whole matter is ludicrous.

We own Apartment ??, which is allocated one permit !!!8211; the space anyone visiting that apartment only ever parks in space ??, to reiterate, the space detailed on our Deeds.

To conclude, I have fines and a court case pending in my name, there is no evidence to suggest and I cannot deny or confirm that I was the one driving the vehicle that day.

I would ask that between you, you take a look at this case.

I have written to Premier and Mainstay for their assistance in this matter"

To date, no reply from any of them!!
  • karenep
    Options
    I have found and followed Bargepole's walkthrough - completed the N180 Small Claims Form and returned this to Northampton Court. Is it just a waiting game now?
  • karenep
    Options
    And to add to this, I have now received a Letter Before Claim from VCS Litigation team, relating to parking charges left on another vehicle whereby I am the registered keeper but not necessarily the driver - these relate to parking between 25 July 2017 and 25 February 2018 - Principle debt £600, estimated interest £11.05, estimated court fees £60 - Estimated total £671.05.

I have been asked to pay this by 20 July to prevent further legal action.

I am am sick and tired of this, we own the god dam apartment - one permit only is issued - when the tenant is away, we are unable to get this permit for display.

Any advise on how I respond to these letters, other than they have already received the above letter and facts.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2018 at 1:05AM
    Options
    karenep wrote: »
    I have found and followed Bargepole's walkthrough - completed the N180 Small Claims Form and returned this to Northampton Court. Is it just a waiting game now?

Yes for the Notice of Allocation, giving you the date to file your WS and evidence.
    I am being absolutely thick, Ive read that over an over and cannot work out which is the 2nd post
    Constantly amazed when a few people say this...have you not noticed every reply on a thread, has a number top right of it? This is #27. Look!

So the second post on a thread, is the second reply. The one with #2 on it in the NEWBIES thread.

Your other ones, you will have to fight same as this one. Why on earth did the residents agree to a firm like VCS (ex-clampers) marauding around and fining you all? If you didn't agree and you own the flat a you say, you need to read all the threads you find when you search:

Landlord Tenant Act consensus Managing agent

...and then ask your MA why the heck they have foisted a scam on you, and why they failed to obtain a consensus among leaseholders first, to formally vary your leases (which you would never have agreed to, and have never been asked to agree to).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • karenep
    Options
    Thank you for this, I have today written AGAIN to Premier Estates and requested that they intervene and assist the matter. It is ludicrous and nothing more than a money making scam. I will keep you updated with any developments.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You dont request
    You require
    You a leaseholder. THey are infringing your lease.
  • karenep
    Options
    Sent off my letter to Premier instructing them that this is our parking space, as detailed in our lease, (together with the fact that we have never agreed to any such parking scheme) and that I require them to contact VCS and cancel out any charges relating our space. They sent on some sort of email to VCS who basically replied saying they made us on offer in June to pay £60 per fine and cancel out the court proceedings, as we did not pay, they are continuing to take this through court. Surely, premier can just instruct them to stop?

I have gone back to Premier instructing them to contact VCS and stop any claim whatsoever, surely they as the Estate Management company can do this - I await their response.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    have you contacted your MP ?

please read ... watch the below for information ...

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

and slightly longe,r the committee stage

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/d5550515-cce9-4185-83ec-754dadb7524a

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Good luck

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family