IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS Parking Fines - Now Court Papers arrive URGENT ADVISE PLEASE

Options
County Court Claims Forms - Parking at a flat we own but tenant has permit
We have been issued with parking tickets by Vehicle Control Services when parking on private property in Manchester - VCS manage the parking and each apartment is entitled to one permit. There is limited road parking and we from time to time have parked when carrying out maintenance to the apartment, each and every time, we have had a ticket left on the car - which we were advised to ignore, and each letter that followed - clearly bad advise. It has now got to the stage that Court papers have arrived, followed by particulars of claim from VCS.

I am totally baffled at what we should do.

The car is insured for two people to drive, and the person issued with the fine paperwork was not the driver.

There is a sign within the apartments, its a locked access and you need a key fob to enter - the tenant has always opened this up for us.

Can anyone recommend a defence or thread that I should read.

I have been away, and the papers have already been here 10 days.

What should I do?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Read the thread called:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST

...back where you instead hit 'new thread'. No link. 2 clicks back...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • karenep
    karenep Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I've gone through this but cannot find anything of the same circumstance. It is a Private Parking where the Landlords use VCS to control parking. Whilst we own the apartment, Premier Estates say you still need a permit and will only issue one per apartment - which we do not have.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Odd, there are several defence examples in the second post in the sticky thread, including ones about permits/lack of, and residential car parks. Plenty to copy from & adapt - and it shows you how to set a defence out (font size/type, line spacing, headings, statement of truth, the lot).

Also, you said:
    I am totally baffled at what we should do.
    Yet the second post of the sticky thread tells you exactly what to do when, starting with AOS online.

Have you done that now, following the simple pictogram link there?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • karenep
    Options
    I!!!8217;m not that computer literate and confused by sticky threads and what they are. Is there a direct link you can help me with. I!!!8217;m not even sure where to find the pictogram. Sorry!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Go back to the first page of this forum - where you hit the new thread button
    THen the thread you want is about three from the top.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    karenep wrote: »
    I've gone through this but cannot find anything of the same circumstance.

Post one covers your circumstances exactly.

Also, urgent help is best served by reading the Newbies Sticky carefully - its what its there for, all the time, covering everything and you don't even need to post a thread or wait for a answer.

If you can suggest any faster way of doing things, we'd love to hear it..!
  • pogofish
    Options
    karenep wrote: »
    I!!!8217;m not that computer literate and confused by sticky threads and what they are. Is there a direct link you can help me with. I!!!8217;m not even sure where to find the pictogram. Sorry!

Yet you clearly confirmed you had read and understood the basic posting guide that explains all this as part of your signup..?
  • karenep
    Options
    Ive read conflicting information and the sticky thread suggests only start a new thread if the stage your are at is complicated, ie court claim stage - do post and show. I believe this is the stage I am at. if you can help, this would b appreciated, if not then thank you for your help thus far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 May 2018 at 10:28AM
    Options
    Have you read this? Once you have, including all the information linked to, especially the walk-through, then it is time to post your defence for critique or ask any specific questions.
  • pogofish
    Options
    Le Kirk's post is exactly the help you are looking for. - Have a good read of the post and indeed the whole thread to properly inform yourself about private parking, then post the bare bones of your defence - then we can flesh them-out.

That's a far better way to get the best help than just pitching-up here and expecting someone else to do it for you. Some will but you will get the best range of help if you meet us half-way and do the basic legwork yourself. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure