Query on Flight delay compensation

Options
Can anyone advise me? My sister and I were on a China Southern Airlines flight to Bali and we had to change planes (using the same airline) at Guanghou in China. Our flight from there to Bali was delayed 10 hours and the airline say I cannot claim compensation as the flight started from China to Bali. The delay impacted on our itinerary and we lost out on a flight to another island and 2 excursions. Surely our ticket was for a flight from Heathrow to Bali, the fact that we had to change planes in China should surely still mean that it was a continuing flight from an EU airport?

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Rowsie,

Difficult to say from your post.

Was your flight late departing the UK? If so, how late? Is this what caused the connection delay at Guanghou?

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where can I find within the judgement against Emirates where it states that the flight out of the UK must be delayed causing you to miss a connecting flight outside of the EU to be able to claim compensation if the flight is more than 3 hours late reaching it's final destination on one ticket. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure