PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 26th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday from one Gemini to another! Have a fab day!
    Helena
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

TA Glad you have the appointment through for the dietician, and you do not have long to wait - hopefully they will be able to suggest something for Mr TA.

Welcome back BDTD.

Well it is my birthday today. Birthdays seem to come round faster as you get older. I am now 54. I am off out later for a meal in a pub- it will be late/lunch early tea, with my hubby and my daughter will meet us there.

Hope you all have a good weekend x

Happy birthday! You're a few months older than me, and they do seem to come round faster each year!:)

I'm going to spend the day catching up in the garden and doing a bit of cooking and humous making, heaven :):):):)
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

DW has been emptied and is on its 2nd wash my sister and her partner turned up for a glass of wine last night and ended up staying for an impromptu dinner so lots of washing up to do and I could not be bothered last night.

I have a very bad day at work yesterday someone lunged at me with a knife and then tried to punch me in the face :eek: it was hugely scary and as we were at the other site there was only me and a colleague there so no one to go to for help, we got the other clients out to safety and then had to wait for him to be collected whilst ranting and wailing, its not something I would like to be repeated so I think his place there is in jeopardy.

Onto today OH and I need to go shopping and will probs get loads of bbq foods for over the weekend I love sitting outside and eating when the weather is nice,

Need to clean through and then relax and enjoy the weekend.

Puppy had a haircut yesterday and looks and smells beautiful, whats the betting that when we take her out today she finds some water or dust to roll in :D she is not a dog that likes to be clean, I think that's the Jack Russell part in her !!

TA hugs to you both xx

I love comps Happy Birthday xx

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Redruby - :eek::eek: very scary indeed! I hope that will be issued with a form of alarm in future.

ILC - happy birthday.

Outside was cold and dull earlier but now seems to be brightening up somewhat.

This morning will be taking DM shopping and (perhaps) visiting her neighbour who is still in hospital. However, it may change on a whim.

Happy Saturday to all.
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Oh redruby what a horrible horrible experience. I do hope you are ok, hope accident forms etc filled out, it does sound like he shouldn't be there. It's almost lone working even though 2 of you, and if there is no one to help well....had something a bit similar happen where I worked, took as much time off as I could. Would not wish this on anyone.
    Helena
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2018 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Thanks all, it's lovely to be back in this fold. :A:A
    I slept like a log last night and didn't wake till 9.45am. ( sorry to those sleepless among us )
    I was very sad last night as my kettle gave up the ghost :(. I've had it for many years, bought in comet way before it closed in 2012, so now it's destined for small appliance heaven. I had the foresight to bring the 'van one back with me but it's a low wattage one and you have to put it on 15mins before you think you need a cuppa :rotfl:. Anyway will have to source another one now.
    Mr Fix It has been D.I.Y.ing this morning and has replaced the mirror in the bedroom, at last. I was his gofer again, oh I get all the best jobs :rotfl:. Gofer the mirror, gofer the extension lead etc....
    The weather today is awful, grey and mizzling rain, so no drying the washing outside again. The Mt Vesuvius washing basket will erupt soon if I don't sort it out this afternoon. I shall separate the quick drying stuff ( mainly underwear, night wear, shorts and lightweight trousers) and wash that, then put it on the airer overnight. I flatly refuse to put my heating back on !!
    After lunch I am going to potter about putting stuff away and Mr Fix It is going up the shed. I don't think he needs to, but at least he's not under my feet for an hour or two :D.
    Tea tonight will be a HM chicken stir fry and there are some strawberries with a little bit of ice cream for pudding.

TA I was so sorry to read back about Mr TA's digestive problem. I hope the appointment on Thursday will offer some help and support for the both of you. Many extra hugs.

I love comps Happy Birthday :bdaycake:_party_. I hope you have a lovely day.
    Helebore I'm another Gemini.
    Redruby I am glad you are ok. That must have been really frightening, especially as there were only the two of you. Here's a star for your bravery in the face of danger :staradmin.
    Beenthere-donethat hi :wave: ( aka pipkin )
    Judi do not think that ! EVER. You are a caring, loving person and you would not be helping your daughter out with childcare if you were otherwise.
    Scarlett Yes it is nice to be home. Thank you.
    Camelot I'm glad you're enjoying the Highlands.
    Nelski I love it :T .. mocha coffee, perfect :D. Mind you I had a head start as my skin colouring is not the English rose type, more a Mediterranean hue :rotfl:.

Well I'd better go and supervise in the kitchen as Mr Fix It is banging about in there. He's making us a small salad, anyone would think he's making a 4 course meal :rotfl::rotfl:
    Take care and hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to all especially the TA's and Redruby.
    Happy birthday to ILC, welcome back pipkin.
    Nice and sunny here, we've been for a walk, locked a boat through and now CHS is watching the GP equally.
    I didn't shop this week so our meals are a bit random, we won't starve though.
    We are moored on the river rather than the canal and there are cows in the field who keep coming over and peering through the windows.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,687 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. Popped back on to wish I LOVE COMPS a Happy Birthday. I think I remember being 54 once in the dim and distant past!! A popular day for birthdays and an expensive one for me as it's my son's (43rd) and also one of the great nieces that I buy for (her 3rd!)

REDRUBY how horrible for you. Being put at risk whilst doing your job is just not on.

Kitchen walls had their 3rd and final coat this morning! I have been given strict instructions not to wipe them or stick anything on them for a couple of days! It's a new sort of emulsion especially for kitchens which is supposed to endure far more than the normal washable emulsion, but needs to "settle".

Mr TA having a better day today and, so far, he is managing the little and often meals and snacks, giving time in between to digest them properly. He is not overly impressed with the foods good for him list though, as everything he likes is on the very long food to avoid list! And no more full fat anything - it's now either low fat, fat free or yogurt! Fat is slow to travel through the digestive system apparently.

The sun is out but there is a nippy wind blowing so we are not tempted to sit in the garden this afternoon. A shame as my tan was building up nicely too! I'm lucky as, like NAN, I am blessed with Mediterranean skin colouring too. As was my mum but she hated the sun, she said it made her look like a gypsy if she got a tan! May get my feet up with my book indoors instead.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks if you can. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Redruby ye gods and little fishes; are there no protocols in place to ensure your safety at work? :eek: That sounds really, really scary.

Oh, regarding "clean dogs" I saw a brilliant greetings card while we were away - it featured a C0cker Spaniel, and the wording was:
    "I came....
    I sniffed....
    I rolled in it."

:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Options
    Popping in

On hols in Spain -alas weather at home hotter than here. Lovely good and next to the sea.

Redruby glad you are okay, how scary for you.
    I love comps - happy Birthday
    TA sending hugs, sounds like mr ta managed a bit more today, hope it continues.
    Judy - you do an amazing job and your daughter is lucky to have you as a mum
    Bargainbird - hello again
    Hugs to those that need/want one. Take care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family