PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 26th May 2018

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 26 May 2018 at 6:04AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 26th May 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself awake and unable to get back to sleep so enjoying first peaceful cuppas. Boys still in their pits, won't hear from them yet.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips/jacket potato, beans/salad for the menfolk, I had a mushroom omelette and salad. Tonight I'm not sure what we will be eating but the fridge is full - there's a good choice of steaks, pork steaks, gammon steaks, sausages, burgers, quiche, salad, pasta salads, pizza, onions rings, new potatoes, jacket potatoes, chips/skinny chips, rice, pasta - I don't think we'll starve - it's just them making a decision about what they want.

Yesterday I was moderately productive, I did run the hoover over and get the ironing done. The weather wasn't great so no washing line dried, although it did improve in the afternoon and you could feel the air getting warmer and more humid. This morning it's very grey and cloudy - but is supposed to get better later in the day but possibility of rain at times - we'll see. I spent ages yesterday trying to buy some J****s fluid - disinfectant that we can use to clean out the greenhouse, we have lost all but 2 of the tomato plants and cucumber plants that were in there, FIL seems to think we have some sort of mildew - the plants have gone downhill really quickly, with 48 hours of being put in there, we bought 2 new tomato plants last week and they are outdoor ones so we didn't put them in and they are the only one's that haven't died. We've never had anything like this before so not sure how to combat it but we're going to try. The other plants outside are coming along quite nicely.

I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the building society then I'll come home to continue with washing if needed and hopefully peg it out on the line.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Welcome home NANNYWINDOW, glad you had a nice holiday.

T is coming at 7.00 (eek) to give the kitchen it's final coat and then that's it! I shall bring mw, toaster, kettle etc back out yet again and line them up in the hall. Hopefully this will be the last time!

Mr TA's eating plan didn't go well yet again. He was crippled with the GP pain most of the day and the last thing he felt like doing was eating. To say I had never heard of this disease a couple of weeks ago, I now know almost all there is to know about it thanks to the internet. I know which foods he should eat and which to avoid but I can't force feed him if he doesn't feel up to it. We got the dietitian appointment in the post yesterday for next Thursday so I just hope she can help to try and build him up a bit. Life can be pretty sh** with all these problems getting thrown at him.

Oh well another coffee and then better start emptying the kitchen yet again! Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for all who need them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :hello:

I’ve been in bed reading since my usual waking up time, I didn’t want to go downstairs and risk waking up my brother and niece. I would love a cup of tea though :)

I didn’t get the train over to my brother’s house yesterday. I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 4.00pm so he came on got me yesterday evening after work in the end. I just wish I could sleep through the night instead.

My brother is working for a couple of hours this morning and then we are going to go to a nearby market town for a couple of things he wants, and then will stop off for a drink on the way home.

We don’t have any set plans for tonight or tomorrow, but it is just nice to be somewhere different for a change.

TA I am so sorry to hear that Mr TA is struggling so much with eating. And it sounds like he is in a lot of pain with this illness. Hopefully the dietician will be able to help next week ((hugs)) to you both xx

I’m pleased to hear that you had a good holiday nannywindow.

AOD I have decided that acting like an adult is a vastly overrated pastime, and I have no intention of complying.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all from the beautiful Highlands

I love this place, so relaxing and clean. It makes the long drive after work on Thursday so worthwhile. Been for a few long walks, friends have a Springer spaniel that never gets worn out so we've walked for miles.

More of the same today, with a picnic lunch thrown in.

Happy Saturday, hope you're all well. Take care. Xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :wave:

Blue sky again today. Threw it down yesterday which really freshened everything up one day was quite enough though glad the sun is back.

nanny welcome home love I missed your posts :) sounds to me like you are off the beige scale now and maybe on the mocha coffee chart.

BTDT Hi pipkin what a shame you lost your details could you not ask mse towers for a new password? Anyway good to see you :)

TAIm so sorry you and your lovely hubby are going through this its heart breaking for you nothing to offer but a hug xx

camelot have a great break it sounds idyllic

Ainsburys delivering any minute so plenty of goodies for the weekend. Still have some stuff to do in the house but if the sun is out later I will be opting for garden time. Probably have a bbq either tomorrow or Monday weather dependant today i need to finish the pizza from yesterday for some reason only ate one slice think I need to change up my Friday meal.

Befriending call this morning and of course brekky at James' :)

Have a great day all
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Morning all, I have had a spectacularly bad night so have been watching TV and now back in bed.

It is misty. OH going shopping, I'll hope to feel more rested later and can clean the sitting room.

TA I am sendinpain removal vibes for Mr TA, he must be so exhausted.

I'll catch up later
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

It’s misty here this morning but have just been outside and it’s really quite muggy too, it got so humid yesterday afternoon and by the time I had finished my riding lesson I looked like a beetroot :eek:
    I need to get out to the farm shop this morning for some of their bacon, eggs and bread, I have some breaded chicken pieces in the fridge so tea will be those in wraps with salad & coleslaw. I have been fancying jelly for a few days so made one up yesterday and popped in a tin of cherries that has been lurking in the cupboard for a while, yum with chocolate ice-cream.

Am sorry that Mr TA is struggling so much TA we went through the same food problem with DM and it’s tough to watch someone you love going through rough times, hugs m’dear and enjoy that kitchen if you can.
    Love the highlands Camelot we went a lot as kids and I keep saying to DOH that must go back.

Have a good saturday folks and good luck to any Liverpool fans in the CL x
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Morning Everyone,

TA Glad you have the appointment through for the dietician, and you do not have long to wait - hopefully they will be able to suggest something for Mr TA.

Welcome back BDTD.

Well it is my birthday today. Birthdays seem to come round faster as you get older. I am now 54. I am off out later for a meal in a pub- it will be late/lunch early tea, with my hubby and my daughter will meet us there.

Hope you all have a good weekend x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Happy Birthday I Love Comps hope you enjoy your meal :bdaycake: x
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Extra for the TA's, you are having a really bad time just now, I hope the dietitian can help.

Holly, I hope you have a nice weekend with your brother.

Rain for most of the morning yesterday, and brrr...... the front grass my friend was so worried about is looking nice and green again, just a couple of patches we may have to re-seed.

There is a prevailing smell of pig manure in the air, I guess the farmer is spraying his fields, the joys of living in the country!!

No real plans for the day, I need more compost, swithering between going to Morrison or the garden centre. I have ordered a weed gun that shrivels weeds up and kills the roots, the weeds are getting to me, although we had rain yesterday I doubt it has sunk in very far. I really need to try at least to hoe the soil. Listening to MD on TV yesterday our clay soil is good but needs lots of sand or fine gravel to break it up. I was chuffed I voted for 'The Peoples Favourite' at Chelsea and the one I chose won. It was The Yorkshire Garden.

The combi arrived back yesterday from the repairers, they have put a new panel in and a new switch to the door. I am glad I took out the extended warranty.

Cheese fritatta and salad for supper tonight. We might not have a dessert, will see.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2018 at 8:57AM
    Morning. It's sunny and warmish here, after yesterday's rain - it was pouring. However, we did need it.
    Sorry to hear that Mr TA is still not eating TA.
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday Nanny, it's nice to get home though isn't it.
    Camelot, you seem to be having a good time.

I went to D*nelm and ordered a fabric sample for curtains, and had a look round, I like it there.

Today, we'll probably go to a little garden centre nearby, I need compost and a few more bedding plants, that'll be it really. General house stuff, you know the sort of thing.

Popped back to say "happy birthday" to I love comps - hope you enjoy your day!!

DD and family are at their caravan, don'r know what DS and family are doing, but I'll be speaking to them later. Other DS and family in Oz are 9 hours ahead of us, so their Saturday is nearly over.

We have booked some holiday in Scotland, we love Scotland and have had some lovely holidays in various parts over the years. We'll be going in the caravan.

Hope everyone has a good day - take care folks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure