Card at different billing address

Options
I work and live away from "home" during the week. All my debit / credit cards have my home address as billing address.

I want to get a card which has my weekday address as billing address. Is this possible? I pay council tax and am on the electoral roll at this address.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    geoffcham wrote: »
    I work and live away from "home" during the week. All my debit / credit cards have my home address as billing address.

I want to get a card which has my weekday address as billing address. Is this possible? I pay council tax and am on the electoral roll at this address.

Maybe yes, ask the card company if its possible.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    geoffcham wrote: »

Why not simply notify one of your existing card issuers that your address has changed to the weekday address? Don't confuse them with unnecessary information.

If you want a billing address there to make getting deliveries there easier, but want to avoid two addresses being reported to CRAs, you could get a Curve card at the weekday address. (You may need to apply for it at your main address to pass its ID verification, and then switch addresses)
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Paperless billing is the way to go, do it all online.
  • GaryWhite
    GaryWhite Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just simply notify them that your address has changed instead of telling them about working or living away from week during weekdays and bla bla bla
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you pay C.Tax and on electoral roll for your weekday address, then aren't you going away for the weekend?
    Just change address to the weekday one and all letters will go there. Do you get stuff delivered bought using the cards, sometimes this can only be to the billing address.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I agree - keep it simple. CRAs aren't really set up to deal with situations such as this. They like people to be resident at one address at a time. If you maintain different products at different addresses, then you risk ending up in a world of pain when some computer somewhere coughs that you being fraudulent - perhaps because on a future application you say you've been resident at address A for X years, whilst they have a record that you have been at B for at least some of that time.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    I agree - keep it simple. CRAs aren't really set up to deal with situations such as this. They like people to be resident at one address at a time. If you maintain different products at different addresses, then you risk ending up in a world of pain when some computer somewhere coughs that you being fraudulent - perhaps because on a future application you say you've been resident at address A for X years, whilst they have a record that you have been at B for at least some of that time.

I suspect that the OP wants cards at both addresses so that he has no problems getting deliveries to either address. As I mentioned above a Curve card for the weekday address would get around the CRA issue as Curve don't report to CRAs.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    faddy wrote: »
    I suspect that the OP wants cards at both addresses so that he has no problems getting deliveries to either address. As I mentioned above a Curve card for the weekday address would get around the CRA issue as Curve don't report to CRAs.

Possibly, though I'm find it increasingly easy to get deliveries to other addresses.

Does Curve supply application information to NHunter (or fraud check with them)?
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ask the CC company if they will add your weekday address onto your account for deliveries.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why not just phone them and ask or keep things simple OP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure