PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Dog buried in garden help (sorry)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    G_M wrote: »

I thought I'd just warn anyone that hasn't read this thread yet that its 28 pages long and you can't stop once you've started. Make sure you have time to read it all before you get sucked in :)
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rhubarb will do really well there, once you locate the spot.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    bouicca21 wrote: »
    I suspect it's pretty deeply buried as otherwise the foxes would have dug it up.

This happened to our much-loved cat. Our very considerate neighbour noticed what the foxes had done, and waited for us to arrive home so that she could warn us before our young son went out into the garden and saw it :(

My husband had the not-so-lovely job of getting the cat’s remains into a black bin liner. If I didn’t appreciate him before then, I certainly did afterwards. :(:(

I found out from my other neighbour, that a previous owner of our house had buried her small dog in the garden. Apparently, he is underneath our “dwarf” conifer......which is currently standing at around 6ft tall!
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    Wheres Fred West when he"s needed....
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys,
    With respect Sheepy21 we have no plans in being disrespectful, im guessing where I think the dog is buried and if/when we do find it will be reburied in the garden and left undisturbed.
    unsurprisingly since we found out about the dog, my husband and kids volunteers to help clear the garden have suddenly disappeared somewhere important :rotfl:
  • Bonniepurple
    Bonniepurple Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wheres Fred West when he"s needed....

Probably in the same hole. Rose on the other hand....
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The previous owner of the house didn't show much "respect" to bury an animal (their pet or otherwise) in the garden of a house she knew very well someone else would own at some point

But it's still the dog's garden. The dog won't understand the change of ownership.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Riggyman
    Riggyman Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    G_M wrote: »

Ofgs."......".......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories