PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Dog buried in garden help (sorry)

Options

Comments

• Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You wont need to dig it up ,it will drooling at your back door soon if Stephen King is to be believed :D
  • sheepy21
    sheepy21 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Personally, out of respect I'd avoid digging the area of garden you think it's buried in. Not very nice to dig up someone's pet and throw it in the bin, deserves it's resting place, imho.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2018 at 5:29PM
    Options
    sheepy21 wrote: »
    Personally, out of respect I'd avoid digging the area of garden you think it's buried in. Not very nice to dig up someone's pet and throw it in the bin, deserves it's resting place, imho.

Huh????

The dog is no longer living in its body so to say - its spirit will be happily romping around elsewhere (occasionally coming back to check on family members). That I know - because one of our family dogs comes back at intervals checking on one or other of us and three of us have been aware of her doing so one way or another.

The previous owner of the house didn't show much "respect" to bury an animal (their pet or otherwise) in the garden of a house she knew very well someone else would own at some point and might find the "remains".
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Akahotpot wrote: »
    You wont need to dig it up ,it will drooling at your back door soon if Stephen King is to be believed :D
    With your user name I am dubious of the reasons for your interest in this thread :D
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    A "lab cross" kind of indicates it's a lab, with a bit of something else in it

So it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to assume this dog is labrador sized
    It takes two parents, each contributing half of the cross, y'know.

If one parent was a Lab, and the other parent was a Great Dane, it's a Lab cross. It's also a Great Dane cross.

If one parent was a Lab, and the other parent was a Chihuahua, it's a Lab cross. It's also a Chihuahua cross.

Obviously, both conceptions are going to involve a stepladder (and perhaps gaffer tape), but they're also both going to result in a Lab cross. They will almost certainly not result in dogs of the same size. Cross a Lab with something else of a similar size, and you're going to end up with something Lab size, though.
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is it something you can stomach?

For a horrible second I thought you were going somewhere else with that...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think its as big a problem as you are supposing. If you find something suspicious (and you may not, it may be rotted away except for bones) just back off, fill the hole in again while removing what brambles you can. Most bramble roots won't go too far down anyway. You will be using a spade/fork so its not like you have to touch it or anything.

You don't have to dig over every square inch of ground, we aren't talking a mammoth here. Just put a ring of bricks round the area and plant something shallow or let it be a wild area. No biggie. Lots of benefits to having such things in a garden.
  • sheepy21
    sheepy21 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Huh????

The dog is no longer living in its body so to say - its spirit will be happily romping around elsewhere (occasionally coming back to check on family members). That I know - because one of our family dogs comes back at intervals checking on one or other of us and three of us have been aware of her doing so one way or another.

The previous owner of the house didn't show much "respect" to bury an animal (their pet or otherwise) in the garden of a house she knew very well someone else would own at some point and might find the "remains".

We're all entitled our own beliefs, but for me when someone or something's had been laid to rest they should be left. The area the dog has been buried could surely be lightly dug over so as not to dig it up, but still make the garden nice.

My parents garden is full of all our deceased pets; dogs, rabbits, cats etc. For us we love our pets and like them buried in our garden so they're still with us, I don't think that's disrespectful because you never know when you'll be leaving your home :think:
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    I was wondering how long...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income