Forum Home» Over 50s Money Saving

Non-Residential Care Costs

New Post Advanced Search

Non-Residential Care Costs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
13 replies 3K views
LauraBubbles1995LauraBubbles1995 Forumite
14 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving

My Mum is my Nan's carer. My Nan also currently has carers who come 4 times a day just to change her. My Mum is trying to find out if my Nan is being charged the right amount for the carers. She pays £830 a month. They only started charging about 10 months ago. My Nan owns the house. Currently almost all the money my Nan receives goes straight back out to cover the care costs. She has less than £1000 in her bank account and my Mum is worried what this means. I keep finding different info as to whether the house is taken into account or not when calculating how much she needs to pay towards care. My Mum keeps calling people but they haven't been any help and keep forwarding her to different people. The carers have told my Mum that they visit a couple who both work full time and don't have to pay anything. It's confusing what the criteria is and how they calculate this. We live in Tower Hamlets, London.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.


This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support