IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Article 13 GDPR (Data Protection Act 2018)

Options

Comments

• abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    SAR bombs are currently being primed! :D

TSAR BOMBA :)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    abedegno wrote: »
    Has anyone got a list (latitude and longitude) of parking eye car parks - I'm tempted to write an IPhone app that sends off such a request every time I physically pass into one :-)
    That's all very well. But a number of points.
    • If you just come and go within the allowed time (free car park), all they will have is your VRN. If you write to them asking about information they have on vehicle AB12XYZ, they may well come back and say "prove it's your car"
    • Likewise a pay-per-hour car park. They talk about holding that information for 6 years. I guess YOU may approach THEM any time within 6 years to dispute the payment, so they have to keep it.
    Their privacy policy is a bit vague around what they do with the data and how long its kept if NO violations are made.

They talk about sharing information with landowners where there's a permit scheme or white list. They need to be careful, as they can't simply supply a list of VRNs as the landowner is NOT an agent of PE, it's the other way round, so they can only share information with the landowner that the landowner already has, e.g. the "allowed" VRNs.

Talk of "Carrying out data analytics, including reporting on vehicle turnover, vehicle type and repeat visits" can only be with anonymised data, as set out in GDPR. They surely cannot keep records to be able to say vehicle X visited every weekday for the last 2 years, or even to say that N vehicles made repeat visits over the last 6 months - that would be keeping specific data for purposes not advertised and granted permission for.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks like Parking Eye have updated their privacy policy:
    https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/privacy-policy/

They have a phone number with a recorded message detailing the privacy policy - 0333 1235 984 :-)

Any information required by Article 13 must be provided free of charge; (as per Article 12(5)).
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The fact that they have a recorded message is worth nowt.

You are supposed to be given the FPN at the time the information is collected, not having to phone some number- assuming the signage tells you to do that

Also, if you have been ANPR'd a few times, their systems should be able to pick you out
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • markrg1965
    markrg1965 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it worth saying in any correspondence to these parking enforcement companies that you require to see their updated data privacy policy and that you do not agree to them holding or transferring your details?
  • abedegno
    Options
    At least ParkingEye's attempt at a GDPR compliant privacy notice is better than Excel Parking Services:
    http://excelparkingservices.co.uk/privacy-notices/
    Sorry – this page is not currently available – please retry later
  • abedegno
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Any information required by Article 13 must be provided free of charge; (as per Article 12(5)).

Would asking someone to call a number or access a website not constitute 'free of charge'?
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would asking someone to call a number or access a website not constitute 'free of charge'?

Nope.

That assumes the person has a phone at the time the information is collected
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning GDPR - let the fun begin. :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • A5TEH
    A5TEH Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    How does GDPR work where a Parking Management Company has failed to get a result with regard to payment of a "Parking Fine" because the vehicle owner has ignored their correspondence, & the debt has been moved onto a "Debt Collecting Agency". Am I right in the belief that there has been a breach of GDPR? The vehicle owner has not given their permission for the data to be shared & Collecting Agency has no affiliation with DVLA to have accessed the data in the first place. Who if any are in breach?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure