What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 21st May?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all. Up early (again) so determined to be productive in that time. When I've finished on here I'm going to do half an hours work and then get on with my list:

Check banking
    Check surveys
    Paint nails
    Put spag Bol I prepped last night in slow cooker
    Flylady bathroom and kitchen
    Peg a load of washing out before I go out for the day
    Feed friends cat whose on hols, theyll return the favour for us :D
    Decide what to have off meal planner for tomorrow's tea and get it out of freezer and prep tonight if need be to stay a day ahead
    Cook some prawns for lunches for rest of week
    Make a cheats mousse for pudding (sf jelly and cottage cheese)
    Pack bag and take with me so I can go to gym later
    Have small list of things I need to get in town, stick to list aim to park for free if I can

Have a good day folks.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 May 2018 at 9:10AM
    Options
    Hi May Moneysavers,

Another lovely day off.
    After all that gardening I crashed out at 7pm and was up and in the kitchen at 5am.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* I have been subscribing to the mental health Holistrio App since January and it has served me well. Have decided to cancel my Direct Debit now. The time has come. This is quite a big deal for me.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.
    Done.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically. Done.

* Enjoy wearing hand-knitted socks when I'm relaxing this evening. Commisionned from a wonderfully-talented money-saver. Better than giving my money to a stranger or a multi-national company. Wee pleasures like this are so valuable to me just now.

* DW has been growing tomatoes indoors. They seem to be doing well and will end up in the mini greenhoose outdoors soon.

* Defrost YS bread frozen a couple of weeks ago.

* Make a homemade smoothie from frozen fruit. I can't believe how much money this machine is saving us since it was gifted to me.

* DW has planted lettuce, chive and mint seeds.

* Looking at changing our Broadband provider. For complicated location reasons we're paying £20 a month, which is ok, but often go over our limit which costs £15 a shot. Going to make some calls to see if I can get another provider cheaper. £35/month is too much.
    Done! Unlimited broadband for £25/month and a "free" £65 gift card. :j This after haggling for an hour online. :rotfl: That's a drop from £456/year to £300/year plus a £65 gift card.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) jeeps feeling tired today!

1LL hope ds is ok :( good that he's got a lovely ma looking after him x

Today:

* going to cook some chicken for wraps for lunch
    * got yogurt out of freezer I froze before holiday ;)
    * madam having free school meals (going to miss this when she gets to y3!)
    * print off APGs - didn't manage to do yesterday!
    * check onepoll? Maybe if I have time...
    * check banking

Not much but other than working and meeting up with a friend this evening I doubt I'll have much time! Happy Tuesday guys
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    Options
    News from Martin Lewis:

"Four MILLION could be overpaying for their broadband - check now if you can save" (Link)

Worked for me! :T
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 May 2018 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Just popping in to say hello. Finally managed to get away from the hospital yesterday after 8 days (it was supposed to be day surgery but all didn't go to plan). Still very sore and have to go back for more scans etc at the beginning of next month. Hopefully they will then tell me to clear off!
    So, limited MSE activity here, mainly consisting of bossing OH about:rotfl:

Annoyingly my laptop a!so has issues and I am currently struggling with OH's tablet Laptop was quickly fixed by a local small business tech guy who only charged me £10 for doing it (while supervising his 2 year old and cooking the dinner, I was very impressed by this display of multi tasking :rotfl:). It seemed to be a software problem, but it is still behaving oddly every now and then and I am not convinced it doesn't need a new wireless thingummy. Anyway, will persevere for now, and if it does it again will take it back.
    And I had to transfer lots of money for further camper van repairs
    And family have had to spend a fortune on hospital parking - but never fear, I am back with my spreadsheet, lists and professional quality sorting out and bossing about skills to get it all organised again :D

So, very modest list:
    Check banks and finish updating severely neglected spreadsheet Still to do, but I have been through all the receipts and updated my spending diary in preparation
    Get load of washing on line, or get OH to do it OH did it, now dry, must fold and put upstairs ready to put away
    Supervise OH planting up one of the remaining big pots in the garden Not done due to tech guy messaging to let me know to take laptop to him this afternoon, and I was a bit tired after that.Maybe tomorrow!
    Watered seedlings in mini greenhouse :)

Sort out fridge and see what food we have in Done
    Patch jeans Not yet
    Get OH to pick rhubarb and kale for dinner I picked the rhubarb, OH the kale. Rhubarb washed, chopped and cooked in oven while the shepherds pie OH made the other day was heating up :)

Also picked salad leaves and radishes :)

Resowed pot with more radishes :)

Finish sorting RM surveys stuff which has piled up remorselessly in my absence Done, took ages :(
    Pack small eBay sale Done, posted, issued a refund for the postage paid by the buyer as the item sold for more than I expected, I was late in posting and had overestimated the postage anyway. I was interested to see that it is going to the props department of a theatre :)
    Ask OH to go to the post office with all this OH drove, I queued, not for too long thankfully!
    Made an appointment for the dog to get a haircut - he is currently running round the lounge chasing a fly. Obviously he won't catch it as he hasn't actually sussed this flying thing, so every so often he barks crossly instead :rotfl:

Better stop there or poor OH will be worn out lol!
  • allydowd
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Just popping in to say hello. Finally managed to get away from the hospital yesterday after 8 days (it was supposed to be day surgery but all didn't go to plan).

Annoyingly my laptop a!so has issues and I am currently struggling with OH's tablet

Hope you're on the mend Dawn. Much love from Dowd Towers.

What's the laptop problem? I may be able to tell you how to repair it.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It has lost all wireless connectivity, so I need to look at the error messages again. It works fine apart from that. Early indications are that the wireless thingy has gone, or its drivers have. Not sure if my anaesthetic brain is up to laptop wrangling just yet.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 May 2018 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Afternoon folks!

I haven't caught up with the thread yet so I hope everyone is ok

EDIT: oh blimey Dawn. Glad to hear you're home now xxx

We had a fab time in Berlin. It wasn't a cheap destination unfortunately, but we def spent less than we would have done on other holidays. Will assess the damage later :eek:

Today's small things:

• B/L/D from stores. Still trying to use up bits from the freezer so I can defrost it.
    • Might make a banana bread/muffins to try and lower the frozen banana stash (my mil buys tonnes of bananas cos apparently she enjoys watching them go brown. Then I take them home to freeze)
    • Update water bill in budget spreadsheet
    • Have a look at how we can save some electricity as the bill has gone up.
    • Read washing machine manual to see what the 30 degree cycle is and see how it goes for gym wear. Perhaps better in the summer with line drying??
    • Water garden. My neighbour has done a lovely job while I was away (as I knew he would) - used dehumidifier water for hanging basket
    • Two loads of washing on line.
    • Unpack suitcases and put stuff away.
    • Booked a consultation with my coach today about moving onto a different programming. It is more expensive, but if I sign up before June it's £20 cheaper per month and a free assessment. - done
    Not much as I'm in work all day (only had 6 hours sleep argh!)

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Tuesday Pence'Wranglers,
    Dawn - Glad you are home. Sounds like it all got a bit crazy & unexpected with an 8 night stay. Take it easy x

Today's efforts on the frugal front:
    *Checked Paypal withdrawel had landed in bank account. More in there than I thought. Had forgotten a decent ebay sale.
    *Free exercise cycling down to post office & coming back a longer route for extra practice.
    *Managed to get 1st half of laundry on cheap tariff. All nicely line dried.
    *Planted out more free bedding plants.
    *Planted out my outside tomato plants.
    *Water all veggies & fruit (will do later so the roots get to take more of it up while it's cooler overnight).
    *Picked parsley, rhubarb & sorrel.
    *Made rhubarb & ginger muffins.
    *Prepped sorrel soup ingredients then realised we have no veggie stock cubes so will make tomorrow.
    *Have planned to sit down with mr f tonight & prepare for solicitor's appointment tomorrow. I don't want to end up paying for something which isn't quite right or find we are agreeing stuff on the hoof.
    *My throw will be finished tonight. I'm just crocheting a border around it.
    Think that's it.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone :j

My week so far consists of work, alternated with packing / living in a box zone - we are now at the stage of having almost packed everything for storage so just the minimal bits we need to survive for a month or so coming with us. Mind you so far that's turning out to be more than originally anticipated, might need to cull it down a bit more.

Little things this week
    • OH given a free pine wardrobe from a work colleague so that's great for our new place, just means we need to store it for a bit first, - must go and pick it up
    • NSD Monday
    • Gym tomorrow, swim, sauna, and fill up water bottle there
    • Lunch out with a friend tomorrow too but will try to keep the costs low
    • Defrost the freezer
    • Paint windowsill (we burnt off some of the paint by putting a hot tray on there - ooops)
    • Disconnect washing machine
    • List OHs cross trainer on freecycle as need it gone (it was £10 from a friend - not worth the hassle or the ££ of storing it)
    • Aaaand move house on Friday !! Tenancy doesn't end until next week though so we have time for anymore odd jobs / cleaning etc - focusing on getting our full security deposit back.

Have a good week :T
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business