Mrs S.....life after debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you :) I’m definitely in a better place than I was so hopefully things will keep improving. I have no doubt there will be more ups and downs but I’m definitely feeling more positive.

It’s some silly time in the morning, I’ve already been awake for over an hour and it’s my second time waking tonight. The joys of being totally full of cold.

The benefits of being awake at this time are that my meal planning is done for next week, my food shopping list for next week is well underway and I’ve had some quiet time as everyone else is asleep!

I made the red lentil dahl for dinner last night and it was really tasty. Ds2 polished his off, ds1 is generally fussier but ate a bit so I’m happy! Dh enjoyed it so much he is taking leftovers for lunch today (and it leaves one more portion in the fridge for my lunch before the end of the week). I also did make the bara brith before the school run yesterday morning so feeling like yesterday was a success :rotfl:

We went to see our local fireworks last night which were great (though ds2 wasn’t a fan). My mum paid for us to go so it didn’t cost a penny.

Today I’m having a quiet day. School and nursery for the boys and I’m having a blood test first thing as I’ve been diagnosed as having an underactive thyroid this year so it’s just to check whether I’m on the correct medication dose. Once that’s done I have no plans. I’ve got a few tasks written on my to-do list but I’ve kept it short and sweet today.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I just popped to the kitchen for some paracetamol and had a quick look at today’s to do list. I only had the bright idea at some point of adding ‘clean oven’ to it :rotfl: That one might be moved to another day! Meal planning is also on it so that’s one tick today already :j
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I had my blood test this morning and then popped to Aldi quickly before curling up at home under the duvet for a couple of hours. I actually bought our turkey in Aldi! I usually buy a Tesco frozen one but figured we’d try an Aldi one as it was over £3 cheaper. Nothing like being organised. My reasoning is that I want to get back to work as soon as I can and don’t want to go back and be flat out trying to sort Christmas out too so I’m doing little bits now which means I should be almost finished by the end of this month.

I have just ordered new plates from Amazon as well for ds1. He’s wanting to use our plates now as 6 and a half is obviously far too old for the kiddies plastic ones :cool: but I think our every day ones are just too big and the side plates are too small! These are inbetween the two sizes and are far more grown up than cartoon characters or Ikea’s plastic colourful ones. They were about £5 for the 2 delivered so I’m hoping he’ll be happy when they arrive!!

I’ve also paid ds1’s swimming for this half term today and emptied the laundry basket. I’m now back in bed with extra strong halls and paracetamol feeling bleurgh. I’m not planning on moving far for the rest of the afternoon and have a very quiet day planned tomorrow where I don’t have to leave the house.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the fireworks.

Hope you feel better soon xx
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I’m still full of cold, feeling sorry for myself and filling my stomach with lucozade! I did sleep a little better last night so we’ll call that progress.

Both boys came home from school/nursery yesterday with their own design Christmas cards to buy. I’ve already ordered ds1’s as I can do that online, but ds2’s have to be done through sending money into nursery so that will be done when he’s in next. This is such an expensive time of year but there’s no way I can say no to their own Christmas cards! We don’t send many Christmas cards so the 2 packs will probably cover it :)

Tonight’s dinner will be thanks to the slow cooker. I’m going to chuck some chicken in with a little water and fajita type mix and cook that on slow. I’ll then shred the chicken this afternoon then mix it back in with the juice from the water and fajita mix. Last time I made this I added some cooked rice and sweetcorn, and made it into wraps. The boys loved it and asked for the leftovers to be made into lunch the following day so hopefully it will be as successful today!

I’m still having trouble concentrating for any length of time. I decided to have a cheesy film day, switched Netflix on and didn’t manage 60 seconds before switching it off again. I’m going to try and spend a small amount of time doing something for me each day like reading for 10 minutes and switching off. I think that will help and can hopefully calm my brain down :rotfl: Even typing this my mind keeps wandering to something else!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Today has been a pretty quiet one. I’ve done a few jobs such as dusting and hoovering through downstairs but that’s been pretty much it. Dinner went down well......it’s definitely a favourite and anything that’s a ‘chuck in the slowcooker and do nothing else’ type meal is definitely a hit here.

Lunch was leftover dahl from Tuesday night, and that’s definitely being made again too. I think it was tastier today than it was on Thursday. It’s been a successful cooking week!

I had a phone call at lunchtime from the doctor’s surgery with my blood results. They weren’t great so they’re doubling my medication and told me they want me to start by taking 2 tablets from today before my new prescription is ready. Hopefully the increased dose will kick in soon.

I spent some time painting my nails this afternoon before the school run which isn’t something I do often. Dh commented on them when he got home from work and asked had I been somewhere to get them done :rotfl: Shows how often I do them!! I’ve decided that I’m going to try and paint them every 10-14 days ish so incorporating self-care into my routine which is so important. I’m also trying to read for 15 minutes every day, but in the past week I’ve only managed it once. Must try harder!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Sleep is for the weak :rotfl: If I keep telling myself that I might believe it. 4 hours last night. That’s not good.

Anyway, happy Friday! I’ve got a few quiet hours this morning before my little whirlwind of a 2 year old returns from my mum’s at lunchtime.

I have some brand new toys here that I want to donate to a Christmas toy appeal so may pop to our local Salvation Army at some point. Friday evening is always busy with swimming lessons so dinner will be last night’s leftovers so super quick and super easy.

I have a few items of clothing that I want to put on ebay so I’m planning on doing that this weekend at some point (though I have been planning that for a few weeks already and not quite managed it!).

A little happiness here......my nails have lasted almost 18 hours already and they’re not chipped :j
  • MrsSave
    edited 12 November 2019 at 3:38PM
    Options
    Where did that weekend go??

Yesterday was spent cleaning downstairs. It wasn’t bad to start with as I try to keep on top of the housework but I love it when it all looks freshly clean!! I even managed to tick off a few of today’s tasks a day early.

I’m back at the doctor’s again tomorrow. I’ve spoken with work about going back on reduced hours initially and they are happy with that. I’ll see what the doctor says tomorrow. A big part of me doesn’t feel ready to go back and I am just wanting to stay in these 4 walls but unfortunately that’s not how bills get paid.

Yellow sticker dinner tonight, garlic and herb chicken that I found and froze a week or so ago.

I also went food shopping yesterday and managed to get enough for the week and a few bits for the food bank for exactly £30. I wish I managed that every week :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to go back to work slowly, no point rushing things.

Can you pop over mine and give mine a spruce up?

Hope that the doctors appointment goes well xx
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the doctor's went well x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts