A tiny bit worried...

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. I am a reserved kind of person, or so I have been told.

I do have traits of OCD, though.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 May 2018 at 10:49PM
    Options
    If the thoughts and anxiety are impacting on you then it might be worth seeing the GP at some point. Support for adults isn't always great but if you don't ask you don't find out what's out there.
    http://www.autism.org.uk/about/health/mental-health.aspx
    Anyway, it's not what you were asking about and I don't want to pry so I'll shut up now. :)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No problem :)
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that any mother would make you homeless over £20..honestly think you are overthinking and need to chill your beans
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    pay privately for help. you are spending money due to your health anyway - buying clothes etc. so you may as well spend it on health professionals to tackle it.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why not set up a Standing Order of £20 a month, to your mum's bank account from your own account? As time passes with this being paid regularly, you will learn that you can easily afford this. Which will give you confidence in saving a small amount monthly, after your current debts are cleared.

Please try to understand that nothing happens immediately, and building financial confidence takes time. You are still young and have time to relax and learn that. Most of us trying to advise you are older and have learned that lesson, but I would like to bet that a big proportion of us faced the same anxieties you are trying to deal with now. I remember my problems well, even at 73.

I have a son with Dyslexia in his late 40's, a gson in his mid-20's with Asperger's, and another 19 yo gson with severe Dyslexia. All of them are doing well in College or work. Please do yourself a big favour and see your GP. It is perfectly possible to be referred to an expert and obtain a diagnosis, even as an adult.

Good luck!
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don’t think she will kick you out if you can’t afford the £20 but you should tell her if it does happen so she can help you get out of the issue you have.

I would imagine is she a supportive mum and wouldn’t kick you out because you can’t afford £20. If you can’t afford to live with mum how would you pay for your own place

I pay £150 a month and if I lost my job my mum wouldn’t expect me to pay that
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• consumers_revenge
    Options
    £20 a week and you get a grand a month?

Happy dayz for you. I was paying £120 a month from £840 back in 1988.

I would be keeping quiet!
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £840 a month was decent in 1988
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are earning 1000 per month and feel 20 per week is stretching your finances and putting your mobile at risk - you need to grow up, look at rental costs in your area - and realise you are onto a good thing! I don't see a local land Lord taking 'I can't pay my rent because my mobile phone bill, credit card bill and clothing costs have gone over budget'
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure