PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Dogs in rented houses

Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why don't YOU have a think about that perhaps?

For starters, you live in the UK, I presume you were born here? That's pretty lucky.

You don't mention any abuse, neglect or trauma in your childhood so I presume you didn't have any. That's really lucky.

You are at least reasonably intelligent. That's really lucky.

Your accident was something that it was possible to recover from, that was lucky.

I'm not saying you haven't worked hard, but luck plays a part in all our lives. What's so bad about accepting that? Why is it so important to you to deny the impact of good fortune? Does it make it easier to look down on others if you tell yourself they could have the same as you if they'd only worked hard enough?

If I could thank that post 1000 times, I would... And I think someone else's chip on shoulder is showing. We are all lucky to be alive, especially if we live in a free country, !!!!!!.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 5:23PM
    Options

For starters, you live in the UK, I presume you were born here? That's pretty lucky.

You don't mention any abuse, neglect or trauma in your childhood so I presume you didn't have any. That's really lucky.

Your accident was something that it was possible to recover from, that was lucky.

I'm not saying you haven't worked hard, but luck plays a part in all our lives. What's so bad about accepting that? Why is it so important to you to deny the impact of good fortune? Does it make it easier to look down on others if you tell yourself they could have the same as you if they'd only worked hard enough?

Wow you are really scraping the barrel here, I don't look down on anyone, do not imply that I do because it is not true, I have full respect for my fellow man. In fact, I've just spent most of the day with my mentally handicapped brother in law, who is extremely hard work to be with, but he is very lonely, and he seems to like me because I give him time, and talk to him (most don't (incl his own family) because he usually goes on and on about rubbish, for example, a favourite topic is how he eats his own excrement to give him strength) and loves dogs, so twice a month I take him for a long walk with me and my dog. Believe me when I say it is not easy, which is why I have just opened a bottle of wine this early, I need it (and what will follow) to get through the rest of the evening, as he is staying for dinner with us. If you just want to argue, go and find someone else to do it with.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    Wow you are really scraping the barrel here, I don't look down on anyone, do not imply that I do because it is not true, I have full respect for my fellow man. In fact, I've just spent most of the day with my mentally handicapped brother in law, who is extremely hard work to be with, but he is very lonely, and he seems to like me because I give him time, and talk to him (most don't (incl his own family) because he usually goes on and on about rubbish, for example, a favourite topic is how he eats his own excrement to give him strength) and loves dogs, so twice a month I take him for a long walk with me and my dog. Believe me when I say it is not easy, which is why I have just opened a bottle of wine this early, I need it (and what will follow) to get through the rest of the evening, as he is staying for dinner with us. If you just want to argue, go and find someone else to do it with.

I don't want to argue, I just think that as a dog owner and lover you should allow your tenants to have the freedom to benefit from dogs the way you do! :):)
  • chucknorris
    edited 18 May 2018 at 5:31PM
    Options
    I don't want to argue, I just think that as a dog owner and lover you should allow your tenants to have the freedom to benefit from dogs the way you do! :):)

I actually think that too, but my wife is adamant after the flea experience that we do not allow pets any more. What would you do in that situation, divorce your wife, and allow pets?
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    I actually think that too, but my wife is adamant after the flea experience that we do not allow pets any more. What would you do in that situation, divorce your wife, and allow pets?

I'd consider it! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    Options

What a miserable envy monkey.

You know what his real stroke of luck was? Having a work ethic instead of of being a workshy sniveller after other people's money.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I think you are both incredibly strong people with more integrity than the vast majority I have encountered.

No, I would not even enter an argument about fleas. Still feeling the loss of our lovely tigger, Charlie, whose legacy lives on and chomps on me on a daily basis. We have bought the spray stuff but, for some reason, not got around to using it yet. Sentimentality gone nuts, I think.
  • chucknorris
    Options
    I'd consider it! :rotfl::rotfl:

From what I've seen of you, I believe that you actually would. I however, respect my wife's opinion, even when I don't agree with them.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    What a miserable envy monkey.

You know what his real stroke of luck was? Having a work ethic instead of of being a workshy sniveller after other people's money.

Actually, I'd say having a work ethic can be a result of good fortune too. Its very often (although admittedly not always) a result how you were brought up, which of course is a result of the pure lottery of who your parents are!
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    Options
    No, having a work ethic is obviously advantageous. Anyone can see that.

However, work pays off only in the future. Being bone idle pays off right now. This is a straightforward choice: you can work for money later or you can slob around now and then snivel after other people's money when their choice later pays out.

If you choose to be a sniveller it's on you - your personality flaws are nobody else's choices or problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure