IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks - Parking Charge

Options
13»

Comments

• Jeffy23
    Jeffy23 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you,

So to clarify, from their response to the appeal this is contrary to keeper liability, is that correct?

They are insisting they do NOT require the name of driver or to pursue that individual directly? Which 2012 keeper liability actually insist you do?

Euro Car Parks do not need to provide evidence of who was driving the vehicle, it is the registered keeper's responsibility to inform of the full name and UK Serviceable address
    within 28 days beginning with the day after the notice was given. If the full amount remains unpaid, under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (!!!8216;the Act!!!8217;), Euro Car Parks have the right subject of the Act to recover from the keeper of the veh icle at the time it was parked so much of that amount which remains unpaid.
    If you were not the driver please provide the full details of the driver of the vehicle at the time the
    parking charge notice was issued (full name and UK serviceable address).
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,727 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are misquoting Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the OP is misunderstanding the Act.
    They are insisting they do NOT require the name of driver or to pursue that individual directly?
    And they are correct, but it's not the same individual. They can pursue the keeper if they used a NTK with the right words, which ECP usually do now. Not sure what you are confused about?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jeffy23
    Jeffy23 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Good news everyone.

BP Customer Care got back to me, it seems speaking to the manager personally helped after all. I received this email:

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your Phone Call received in this office on 05-Jun-2018 concerning your recent visit to Gatwick South SF Connect.
    Firstly I apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment that this incident may have caused you. We expect all our BP Retail sites to strive to provide consistently high levels of customer service however on this occasion we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.
    We have passed your email on to the site concerned to enable them to rectify the concerns you have raised. The Site Manager has confimred that your charge has been rescinded.

Kind regards,

xxx

I phoned up to confirm and double check they said the fine has been cancelled.

My only concern is their a chance Euro Car Parks will still come after me anyways? I am not appealing with POPLA now.

Thank you for everyone's help.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Try logging in with the PCN as if you might want to pay...the page should tell you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure