New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

money transfer

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 598 views
teeny39teeny39 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi there
If i make a cash transfer with my card to my bank account, can i still transfer the balance to another card when the 0% deal expires? or do BT only apply to purchases?

Replies

• jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am confused by your post.
    Do you have a money transfer card or a balance transfer card?

If you have a money transfer card then unless they offer you a balance transfer you cannot do a BT.
    If you have a balance transfer card then a money transfer is going to cost you an arm and a leg.
  • stevenhp1987stevenhp1987 Forumite
    907 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can use a money transfer now to get instant cash (for whatever you want).

When your 0% runs out, you most certainly can use a balance transfer, subject to being accepted.

Things to note, your situations may have changed - if you have £11k on that £12k then depending on your income, you may find it hard to get said balance transfer card at all.