IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help for reply to LBC where they've done a drawing!

Options
12346»

Comments

• QuackNuts
    Options
    The rights of access were made clear in the simple, clear and very long lease (900 years) from the early 80's. My parents bought a building on an industrial estate which had been empty for a number of decades. The new owners of the estate needed some funds to develop it so sold a few units off - my parents buying a detached building on it's own. Over the next 20 years or so, we quietly enjoyed our demise without interruption from the owners of the rest of the estate.

In 2006 the rest of the estate changed hands and that's when our troubles started. The new owner is used to getting people out of property that he wants so he has tried a long list of baleful acts and torment. In 2016 he installed CCTV around the estate. He has one camera that is permanently trained on my doors and a remotely controlled camera which for the first 15 months or so was also trained on my building.

Late last year, I wrote and asked for my data. He wanted dates and times so I replied with very specific times and dates which included the time he watched me from his drone whilst I was having my lunch in my yard. In the end he said that it would take too much time, they don't keep the footage past 43 days and that I was harassing him. A couple of months later I received a summons. Turns out he had somehow got the court to start proceedings against me for harassment even though his solicitors had elected to serve papers and hadn't.

This was at the same time he had a debt collecting company issue a Statutory Demand against us even though we were going through the courts over the water charge.

In his evidence there are over a hundred videos including the ones I had asked for in my data request.

I will hold my hand up - after he assaulted me in 2017 I realised he has no morals so put the V's up when going in my building. He chose to go through his footage and decide that he was upset by it. He must have spent hours going through it all, looking at all the children and their parents as they pass by to go the indoor play centre in order to find footage of me.

I do have a solicitor but being so hands-on, I feel like I'm being asked to jump in to a black hole and they will catch me as I'm aware that time is money with a solicitor. So far it's been a lot of money too! What's the best line of defence/attack? - CCTV laws, GDPR, industrial espionage, is there some Ex turpi causa non oritur actio in there?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    This is a parking ticket forum and outside the scope of most posters, you probably need to take this to Legal Beagles
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Or try this guy who has handled defences for similar mad harassment claims and other cases with no merit, and I know him personally and can vouch for his knowledge and advice being spot on:

https://smallclaimsadvisor.co.uk/

The firm is not connected to me in any way. This is not a commercial link, just my personal suggestion.
    This was at the same time he had a debt collecting company issue a Statutory Demand
    Sounds like a sociopath. I've met a similar air waster before, and recognise the traits.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a read of the Woolleys v Akram, (a Scottish case) in relation to unlawful use of CCTV:-
    https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=ecb629a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
  • QuackNuts
    Options
    Thank you CM, Castle and all for the guiding pointers.

I shall go and read, research and then get writing.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Or try this guy who has handled defences for similar mad harassment claims and other cases with no merit, and I know him personally and can vouch for his knowledge and advice being spot on:

https://smallclaimsadvisor.co.uk/

The firm is not connected to me in any way. This is not a commercial link, just my personal suggestion.

Sounds like a sociopath. I've met a similar air waster before, and recognise the traits.

I can also vouch for the person who runs the above service, i to know him away from this forum and he would give you excellent service in relation to this kind of harassment claim. As above i am not connected to this business , but he certainly knows about these kind of cases and it would be money well spent!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure