IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help for reply to LBC where they've done a drawing!

Options

Comments

• QuackNuts
    QuackNuts Posts: 44 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2019 at 10:11AM
    Options
    The reason was signage, well, totally inadequate signage so there was no opportunity to form a contract. I would like to think it was because my drawing was better than theirs (I did apologise for stooping to the claimants level :o) It was Manchester, I'll have to check I get the Judge's name correct as I had startled rabbit syndrome. He gave DE a telling off for submitting a late witness statement that didn't relate to the exhibits, had a missing exhibit and one exhibit was misleading and confused matters and basically they should know better in that regard.

Unfortunately I didn't get costs. I need to research this more. I have seen the letter loadsofchildren has done for getting costs from Gladstones before the hearing
    Don't phone them. I'd send them something along the lines of what DoaM said, but less tongue in cheek.

and am adapting it to suit. If anybody has any experience of getting costs at the hearing I'd be very grateful to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again for all the help you guys give :T can't tell you enough how grateful I am,:A
  • QuackNuts
    QuackNuts Posts: 44 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2019 at 4:44PM
    Options
    I've been topping up on the latest as I've got another witness statement and another defence to do. I'm liking the abuse of process arrow a lot. I also wanted to thank you all again for your patience, hard work and persistence. With your knowledge and support I have won every claim brought against me. Here's the one for this case on hxxs: imgur.com/gU1IXQ8 and another which quite rightly got struck out without the need for a hearing - hppts: imgur.com/rFsM591 and another where they were claiming for a vehicle which hadn't even been on site as claimed on imgur dot com slash /Wr9Y5TZ

:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done, and now you know what is needed if you need to know in future:

https://imgur.com/Wr9Y5TZ
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    QuackNuts ...... well done :beer:

Do you get the feeling that the Gladstones boys are hell bent on being spanked by the courts ?

As I said earlier, it seems there is a mental issue with them that is not yet covered by the NHS
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 September 2019 at 6:11PM
    Options
    @QuackNuts, you've enough posts under your belt now to no longer have to post dead links.

https://imgur.com/rFsM591
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • QuackNuts
    Options
    Gladstones and others that call themselves solicitors should be telling their clients the truth - that if there case is not going to win then they should not issue proceedings or even parking charges in the first place!

From my experience, as the 'victim,' the underlying problem is my neighbour - the land owner of my access roads. He is hell bent on making our lives difficult because he wants our building. The use of District Enforcement is just another tool for him with the added bonus of someone he can hide behind.

He wilfully wasted 12.5 million litres of water from his leaking pipe and tried to charge me for it (won that one too - thanks to you guys again) and its leaking again but he's not being so pushy this time. However there's a big one to come - he's claiming that I've been harassing him which has upset him as a multi-millionaire and damaged his reputation. I've not posted about this one yet as it's a strange one to catagorise.

I feel the ppc's and the Gladstones of this world are the worst but they are ultimately instructed by and working on behalf of the worst of the worst.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been reading this thread for the first time. It's so interesting. I think the problem is greed, what monsters it creates. Standing up to very wealthy people takes real guts - congratulations on your repeated successes and good luck with the claim that's in the pipeline.

Speaking of pipelines, the water wastage is appalling.

Just wondering, have you established rights of access? Sounds like that has to be firmed up.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 September 2019 at 9:34AM
    Options
    Gladstones and others that call themselves solicitors should be telling their clients the truth - that if there case is not going to win then they should not issue proceedings or even parking charges in the first place!
    They may be losing a few cases in court, but there will be hundreds (if not thousands) of hitherto ignorers of the PPC demands, who, once court papers land through their letterboxes, burn a hole in their carpet rushing to the toilet, followed by a dash for their chequebooks.

It's a very effective business model, I'm afraid.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ..........good luck with the claim that's in the pipeline.

Speaking of pipelines, the water wastage is appalling.
    Freudian comedy, notwithstanding the seriousness of the situation.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Freudian comedy, notwithstanding the seriousness of the situation.

Knowingly permitting wastage of water is an offence under the Water Act 1989 .... though the OP probably knows that already given what they've been through plus I doubt the legislation has sharp teeth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure