Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Afternoon, I think I've got every one, if I've missed you, please shout up :)

Hope all is ok with kathrynha, I haven't seen her post for a little while.
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    -1lb for me please!
    - 2lbs this week (although fluctuate by about that throughout the week so may be +2lbs next week!)
    -2.2 lbs for me please Chris x

These are posts from this morning.

I've put them on the Chart for week 1 of this challenge - is that right?

As the week goes from a Monday to a Sunday, Monday weigh-ins should be week 2? I'm confusing myself now :rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations Tweets on SOTW.

I, too, was wondering if everything is OK with Kathrynha. Do hope so.

Denise
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,844 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Back on it today after a large meal at Buffet Island (Chinese) yesterday.

OOOhhh! I'm *so* jealous! We used to have a branch of Buffet Island close by in Newcastle-under-Lyme which we used to go to around once a month for lunch but unfortunately it closed down just before Christmas.

We enjoyed it so much and still miss it - As I started SW just before it closed we've simply stopped going out for lunch since but funnily enough just yesterday we said that we'd try another pan-asian buffet restaurant later this week. (probably Thursday) I'm not going to go mad but have decided that I will just go off plan for the day.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Afternoon, I think I've got every one, if I've missed you, please shout up :)

Hope all is ok with kathrynha, I haven't seen her post for a little while.

These are posts from this morning.

I've put them on the Chart for week 1 of this challenge - is that right?

As the week goes from a Monday to a Sunday, Monday weigh-ins should be week 2? I'm confusing myself now :rotfl:

Didn't want to just read and run but as I don't enter the challenges I'm a bit unsure.

I think whenever you do the chart there has to be a cut off. So you're right that anyone with a WI today should be week 2 and they should have given you a score for last Monday for week 1.

So there might be 2 or 3 people with Week 1 WI scores outstanding that they haven't posted yet but otherwise everything that comes in from a Monday morning is for that week.

Hope I haven't confused you even more Chris :o
  • Chrisv
    edited 14 May 2018 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Thanks for that maman :)

That's exactly what I was thinking - midnight Sunday cut off, so the three posted this morning should be week 2.
    I'll go back and see what they posted for last week.
    There may be a revised chart coming up :o :rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope the job goes well Sunshinemoney :)

The only positive is that I did not leave home until 8 am (instead of 6 am) and am home for 5.45 (instead of 9 pm).... the rest is :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am sure I was actually muttering aloud 'incompetence' at one point!
    Morning all! My God, you lot can yack a bit, just caught up with the amazing losses.

Another one on damage limitation for the next few days, but thoroughly enjoyed my weekend. Have taken to doing exercises in bed, about 10-15mins each night. Sounds odd, but I find it difficult to do sit ups on the floor (well, what passes for a sit up!), so thought I would have a bash when I go to bed. My mattress is very firm, so not alot of give when I sit up. Must be doing something positive for me as the muscle pain when I started was hideous. Hope the impact will be as positive as I would like it to be.

Going to a wedding in a couple of weeks, been putting off getting something to wear as I don't know what size I need and don't want to spend a lot of money on something that won't get any further wear. Bought a couple of dresses on the Bay of E, too big for me:j only paid about £30 for the 2 of them, but will send them back.

Was out for lunch on Saturday, wasn't expecting the rain so my poor tootsies were getting a bit wet in sandals. Nipped into Dorothy Perkins for footwear (got a pair of espadrilles for £12:D) but it was so nice to be able to look at clothes which will comfortably fit me sooner rather than later, which are not bland. Was a really good boost for my morale.

Feel bloated at moment, had egg & potato muffins for breakfast, will really keep me going for the day. Made an SW lasagne yesterday as I have class this evening, so just need to bung a bit in microwave, with salad will be able to eat by 8:30!

Have a good day everyone.

Be careful with those exercises in bed - I used to straight my legs (in the air) and pull them to by abdomen.... OH rather liked it...... so I stopped!! :D:D:D:D:D
    - 2lbs this week (although fluctuate by about that throughout the week so may be +2lbs next week!)

Don't worry. I vary greatly but as long as the overall variation is going down, it shows the weight loss. x Well done on the loss xxxx
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update

Dinner was a jacket potato with beans and salad.

Tea was homemade lasagne - hexa plus 0.5 syns and no quark or cottage cheese in sight :) I had a side salad too.

BM was an hour mooching about with Top Baby to the shops and library :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Here is this week's chart.

sw_14-5.jpg

Well done tweets on SOTW :T

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.

:eek: Thank you :)

Didn't expect that now to keep the 3lbs off til the end :D
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thanks for that maman :)

That's exactly what I was thinking - midnight Sunday cut off, so the three posted this morning should be week 2.
    I'll go back and see what they posted for last week.
    There may be a revised chart coming up :o :rotfl:

So I may not be SOTW :cool: :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Chrisv
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    So I may not be SOTW :cool: :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh yes you are :T

I've already revised the chart, but either way you are SOTW :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure