Desktop Alternative to FirstDirect "Internet Banking Plus"

Options

Comments

• cookie666
    cookie666 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I have used the eWise version of Internet Banking Plus for troubleshooting specific organisations

I've been to the eWise website and can't see how to download, am I being blind?
  • MarkLondon
    MarkLondon Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    cookie666 wrote: »
    I've been to the eWise website and can't see how to download, am I being blind?

Go to: https://www.ewise.com.au/accunity/aa/home.asp

Click Register button ... then as it goes through the motions ... it will install a password safe on local PC ... like IBP does ...

:beer:

Mark
  • chamelion
    chamelion Posts: 473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got the dreaded IPB discontinuing message. I'll try ewise, assuming no other options?
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x US2000B + 2 x US3000C battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chamelion wrote: »
    Just got the dreaded IPB discontinuing message. I'll try ewise, assuming no other options?
    None that I've found that are desktop based, aside from MoneyDashboard which doesn't allow you to log into accounts directly for transferring etc. It just pulls the data into their interface.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • boadh398
    Options
    Internet Banking Plus will end on 26th August 2019 confirmed by email from First Direct today.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is what FD are telling their IB+ customers.
    Since we launched it in 2004, the banking industry has moved on so less and less customers are now using this service and recent changes in legislation mean to continue offering it, we’d need to make significant changes. So we wanted to let you know that for these reasons we’ve taken the difficult decision to no longer offer Internet Banking Plus from 26 August 2019 – we’re really sorry if this causes you any problems.

We wanted to give you as much notice as possible to give you time to make other arrangements but if you have any questions in the meantime, please send us a message via Online Banking or give us a call on 03 456 100 234 and we’ll be happy to help

I wonder whether anyone bothered to take up their offer of "help". I myself didn't.
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2019 at 7:12PM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I wonder whether anyone bothered to take up their offer of "help". I myself didn't.

I can't imagine what 'help' they could offer, except to say the same thing a bit louder. I could offer to help them with their grammar a bit, if they like. ;)
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feared this day would be coming soon. Last year Hargreaves Landsdown stopped working, and I kept asking FD customer services if they were stopping FD IBP and they said no, but some how didn't believe them.

I've also seen today the news that FD Internet Banking will no longer work with just passwords either from mid August, so that means using any aggregrator won't work to log into the account. I presume that's why they decided to stop IBP, if it didn't even work with their own Internet banking service.
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest it barely works with IBP now.
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • Frank121
    Frank121 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    End of an era! I have been happily uisng IBP since it started. There has been nothing like it and in it's hayday worked great. To be fair, its not very good these days as I can't even update balances without crashing but for one stop login it still serves. :)

Agree with Marigold...tech has moved on so much that people forgot the basics of making things simple and easy!

I am wondering if I should try ewise or just bite the bullet and just make a folder of favorites as another poster mentioned. In combination with lastpass some sites will log straight in. (others with individual pasword character boxes won't unfortunatly)

Hey ho...times are moving on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure