Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Dog nail clipper?

in Pets & pet care
7 replies 1.2K views
i am looking for perfect dog nail clipper for my jojo. please do recommend some.
Thanks regards.

Replies

• NileNile Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email protected].

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Pets & Pet Care’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've got Mikki nail clippers- had them for quite some years. Seem to do the job fine once hounds have been bribed!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would recommend you get the guillotine type rather than the scissor type unless the nails are fine ones.

The scissor type can crush the nail rather than cutting it cleanly.
  • krlyrkrlyr Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The Millers Forge brand are good. Another option is to Dremel your dog's nails - the dog needs introducing to it but many take to it better than nail clippers, and you can get a smoother finish.
  • mtbbuxtonmtbbuxton Forumite
    332 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    I have a pair of these https://www.dfordog.co.uk/dog-nail-clippers.html which we all get along well with. They also make a guillotine style if you'd prefer them :)https://www.dfordog.co.uk/guillotine-dog-nail-clippers.html

M x
  • BrynsamBrynsam Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Your vet should be able to recommend the best type for your pet.
  • w06w06 Forumite
    917 Posts
    I've tried a few but always resort back to human toe nail clippers, the joy of dogs with black claws (can't see the quick) and an emery board

Just bought a battery powered Wahl grinder which has been very well tolerated
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals