Dog nail clipper?

i am looking for perfect dog nail clipper for my jojo. please do recommend some.
Thanks regards.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email protected].

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Pets & Pet Care’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,504
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've got Mikki nail clippers- had them for quite some years. Seem to do the job fine once hounds have been bribed!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 15 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 42 £61 spent!!! already
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,633
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would recommend you get the guillotine type rather than the scissor type unless the nails are fine ones.

The scissor type can crush the nail rather than cutting it cleanly.
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The Millers Forge brand are good. Another option is to Dremel your dog's nails - the dog needs introducing to it but many take to it better than nail clippers, and you can get a smoother finish.
  • mtbbuxton
    mtbbuxton Posts: 332
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have a pair of these https://www.dfordog.co.uk/dog-nail-clippers.html which we all get along well with. They also make a guillotine style if you'd prefer them :)https://www.dfordog.co.uk/guillotine-dog-nail-clippers.html

M x
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Your vet should be able to recommend the best type for your pet.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    I've tried a few but always resort back to human toe nail clippers, the joy of dogs with black claws (can't see the quick) and an emery board

Just bought a battery powered Wahl grinder which has been very well tolerated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure