IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent help needed BWL

Options
So I got a parking ticket for overstaying in a retail shopping area car park. It’s a PCN and they have some pictures of me going in and out but I can’t see the writing on the pictures. The ticket is from myparkingchange’. I use the car park on a regular basis and I overstayed because my daughter was sick. Anyhow I Appealed with my genuine reason. Of course they rejected my appeal.
I have since just ignored further requests for payment. I have now received a letter from BWLEGAL saying they will take me to court if I don’t pay. I really want to fight this, I have read a lot of your advice on here but I’m struggling to get to grips with all the jargon.
I was ill when I got the letter and didn’t read it properly and have just passed the 16 days they say I have to respond. I have got a lot on my plate atm, my dad is in really poor health so I’m getting to the point where I feel like just paying up. BWL have text me and called me on my home and mobile, would this be seen at harresment?
I have read that if I contact one of the stores I could maybe get the ticket cancelled but I’m very short on time. Do you think BWL will come to some sort of reduced price and what do you think would be reasonable?
Just another point, the postcode of the car park on the fine is incorrect, it’s the postcode for the start of the road (it’s a really long road) not the actual car park. Would this have any bearing on rejecting the fine?
sorry if this post is going over old ground TIA

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BWL have text me and called me on my home and mobile, would this be seen at harresment?
    Yes, harassment.
    Do you think BWL will come to some sort of reduced price and what do you think would be reasonable?
    No. That does NOT work.
    The ticket is from 'myparkingcharge'.
    Was this from Excel, or from VCS (which one)?

And at what retail park?

How much of an overstay?

And did you have anyone with you who needed more time to shop (e.g. an elderly or infirm or disabled person)?

Does the BW Legal letter include reply forms and give you 30 days?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Goingmad37!
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. It!!!8217;s from VCS.
    It!!!8217;s an outdoor retail park with approx 8 shops. Overstayed by 24mins.
    I was with my mum and baby daughter. Daughter threw up all over herself, car seat and car which is why I overstayed.
    My mum does possibly have the onset of dementia (we had been to drs that morning) although I!!!8217;m not sure she!!!8217;d be very happy at my using her as an excuse. But maybe she doesn!!!8217;t need to know!!
    No, no reply forms from BWL, just says I need to resolve in 16days from the date in the letter or will escalate.
  • Goingmad37!
    Goingmad37! Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    In addition I!!!8217;ve rebooked at the appeal rejection. It offers me to appeal to IAS. I thought I!!!8217;d missed the boat but it seems I could still appeal if I pay £15. Should I pay it and appeal?
    TIA
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to come off your phone or disable Smart Punctuation. No-one can read what you say.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In addition I've rebooked at the appeal rejection. It offers me to appeal to IAS. I thought I'd missed the boat but it seems I could still appeal if I pay £15. Should I pay it and appeal?
    TIA
    Have you read post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread yet?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hell no you dont pay £15, that decision is then binding on you. Its just about the worst idea possible.
  • Goingmad37!
    Options
    Earlier post with out errors; hopefully should be able to read it now.
    Thanks for your reply. It's from VCS.
    It is an outdoor retail park with approx 8 shops. Overstayed by 24mins.
    I was with my mum and baby daughter. Daughter threw up all over herself, car seat and car which is why I overstayed.
    My mum does possibly have the onset of dementia (we had been to drs that morning) although I am not sure she would be very happy at my using her as an excuse. But maybe she doesn't need to know!!
    No, no reply forms from BWL, just says I need to resolve in 16days from the date in the letter or will escalate. I'm beyond the 16 days!
    TIA
  • Goingmad37!
    Options
    Thanks Keithp, so there's no point in appealing then?!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Keithp, so there's no point in appealing then?!

That's right, and as nosferatu1001 says, you would be just paying £15 to have it rejected, and you are then committed to paying the PPC.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure