Package holidays too expensive when adding single room supplements

Options
Hi.
I am looking for some advice.
I was hoping to get away on holiday with a couple of friends for a week either in the last two weeks of May of early June. In my head I had a budget of around £600-£700 for flight and hotel ideally all inclusive. Problem I am having is that my two friends both want separate rooms so although there is a headline figure that seems reasonable for the holiday I am looking at, by the time the separate rooms are added the charge goes to around £1000 per head.
Any ideas? All I want is a decent hotel, possibly all inclusive somewhere in Europe.

Thanks.
Nick.

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    HAve you looked at booking hotels and flights seperatley
  • socnsum1
    socnsum1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not yet, but I am thinking I might have to. :( just frustrating how there isnt an easy option to see price for single rooms
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If looking at package deals based on two sharing, budget twice the cost minus £100. That will give you a rough idea of the single cost.

Or look for flights on Skyscanner, search for hotels on TripAdvisor and go from there.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Some package operators deal with hotels that offer single rooms at no or modest supplement.

They are few and far between however, and sell quickly presumably - suggest calling TUI, Thomas Cook or Jet2 to enquire.
  • socnsum1
    socnsum1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you everyone so far for their suggestions. It is really appreciated
  • LUHG1878
    LUHG1878 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2018 at 4:13PM
    Options
    Another option would be to book flights only, and then rent a 3 bedroom apartment. Ok it won't get you all inclusive, but places like Spain eating out and buying alcohol locally is pretty cheap.

I'm going to Costa del Sol in 2 weeks, its a party of 3 adults, we paid a total of £1800 for 9 nights in a 3 bed penthouse apartment, with roof terrace, including flights, and car hire.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fly from Luton to Ohrid with Wizz Air.

Book an apartment by Lake Ohrid. Great destination, eating and drinking out is v.inexpensive, and the setting is special.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure