Leasehold flat - problem with TV Aerial

Hi

I've lived in my flat in a block for nearly 5 years.The other day I noticed a loop of cabling left outside the front door and attached in the ground to a TV line of some kind. A few days later it had been attached to the walls of the block and presumably round to someone's flat. Since yesterday I've had no TV signal at all and I think some cable company must have come and !!!!!!ed it up.

I have no idea which flat did it or which cable company, or even for certain whether it is this but I've never had a problem before and I can't get any channel at the moment. I've also noticed that one of the boxes with the cabling in on the wall to the block has been smashed open.

It is quite infuriating as I'm paying service charge and a TV licence and can't get something as basic as TV (there are other things wrong like they never cut the grass and it is about 12" long and we pay for this in our service charge).

I have logged a complaint with the owner, Metropolitan but usually they aren't great at customer service - I've emailed and will call them tomorrow. Is it possible that a cable company can damage the main aerial? All Metropolitan's leasehold flats - the exterior is their responsibility, including TV aerial, I've checked my lease.

Thanks for any advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport