looking for a specific doctor's letter if anyone had any ideas?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    If it had worked, you'd have maintained the loss.

It's the same reason why people who have weight loss surgery can put the weight back on - because without addressing the reasons why they eat what they do, what emotional or physical problems they are trying to deal with through food are not resolved and they find ways to still have too many calories and sabotage themselves. And why some go on to develop other eating disorders characterised by not eating enough or purging. Because just cutting calories and exercising for a short time doesn't fix the underlying psychology and dysfunctional relationship with food, anymore than betting money or taking part in a TV show does.

I am not trying to hurt or in any way dismiss you - you still achieved something and proved that you can lose weight for a short period. But you can't want to be in the same position again and again - it just isn't healthy for your body, it's not healthy for your mind, as you could, for example, lose it, then start overeating again, subconsciously reasoning 'well, I can just put another bet on and lose it again', just as some who have had WLS reason that they can get it redone/have more radical surgery next time.

If you are still determined that you will not lose weight unless you have this bet, why not invest half your stake money in getting a private referral to the same consultant you say thought it was a great idea? If they still say it works, then fine, you get what you reckon will work and if they now say 'it's not such a good idea this time' (bearing in mind that with the increase in WLS and bets, they will have seen whether dramatic weightloss for various reasons is sustainable in the longterm/any other issues people have encountered, so might have a better understanding and experience of people who have gone on to regain their weight than in 2011).

If you're right and I'm wrong, it'll be worth the investment.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • fibonarchie
    Options
    Firstly, I don't know who you found in 2014/15 though because that most certainly was not me.

But yes, that was me back in 2011. I'm surprised nobody found it sooner to be honest, but I didn't mention it because I didn't feel it was relevant due to it being nearly a decade ago.

I found her a few posts ago (from details given in her own bio) Looks like she's reported me and had my post removed..

Which is why the short posts I wrote after that don't seem to make much sense or follow the discussion.

Funny how people who dish it out don't like it when someone does it back to them :D

But yes, you might want to remove personal details if you don't want bored individuals on here to dox you and/or start preaching at you. Maybe get your user name changed or something.
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I found her a few posts ago (from details given in her own bio) Looks like she's reported me and had my post removed..

Which is why the short posts I wrote after that don't seem to make much sense or follow the discussion.

Funny how people who dish it out don't like it when someone does it back to them :D

But yes, you might want to remove personal details if you don't want bored individuals on here to dox you and/or start preaching at you. Maybe get your user name changed or something.

Poor judgement by Admin if that's the case - whole thread should be removed given OP's attitude
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Poor judgement by Admin if that's the case - whole thread should be removed given OP's attitude

And what "attitude" might that be ?
  • fibonarchie
    Options
    Just contact admin and ask them to change your username, citing that you've been personally identified by a long-term poster on this site as the reason

(Or ask if you can delete the account and start another?)
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • jasonwatkins
    Options
    If that's to me, I'm not looking to change my user name. I'm just wondering about my "attitude".
  • fibonarchie
    Options
    If that's to me, I'm not looking to change my user name. I'm just wondering about my "attitude".

yes, sorry, should have quoted your post.
    no I wasn't commenting on your attitude, whatever that might be, I was just concerned about people doxing you.
  • jasonwatkins
    Options
    yes, sorry, should have quoted your post.
    no I wasn't commenting on your attitude, whatever that might be, I was just concerned about people doxing you.

Which I do appreciate. Doxing is obviously a legitimate concern for anyone if you're online, but it would be pretty pointless changing my user name here now as i've had it for ten years, and i've also used my real name here and there online for longer than that.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am coming into this rather late, and I can't understand why the Dr is not giving a letter, she would charge for the letter I expect and then if the Dr feels there is a clinical risk ok, but she should be asked what are the clinical objections, maybe she thinks your body mass is too low to warrant a 2lb weight loss for 52 weeks - so then she has a clinical reason - but the Dr needs to clarify this. Wrongly there maybe another reason and that could be that she does not believe in gambling - if that is an ethnic belief than that is out of order.

Having worked with GP's for many years in my early life I can honestly say they can be very precious creatures to deal with, and the younger ones can be worse.

Finally I have no wish of criticzing Jason, or the answers given by others, sadly we open ourselves up to this when we post, but weight loss is not easy - some can just get on with it - others need motivation and this is one I have never come across but it is just another type of motivation or a goal to set, mine was always visiting my ever so slim health-consious friend in US, for me it is constant battle still- the minute I put on a few pounds it's back to the slimming club.....I would however suggest Jason with the best of intentions that maybe you should draw a line under posting further on this topic - be kind to yourself and don't take on the opinions that are negative - walk away from the thread.
    Hope you get to achieve a weight loss and feel good about it..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure