PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th April 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning
    Thank you for the lists. I'm definitely in. Am currently writing my name in the thick dust that is the dining room table. But the kitchen is relatively tidy after clearing up completely after dinner last night and sorting all packed lunches.

School back today, and a full day at job 1, but I'm hoping that more daylight hours and sunny weather will kick me into action this evening.

Well done on the slinky progress, Mademoiselle. I need to figure out how to get back into it, as I'm obviously not going to go out jogging anymore since my running mate got injured and has now had to reluctantly hang up her trainers.

Have a lovely day, and catch you all later. X
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

DS got into the school we wanted for September so a good start to the week :)

I have unloaded the DW, set the WM going, put the rubbish and recycling out and stripped DS bed. Need to clean the woodburner shortly, looks like it will not be needed this week :j

Kids back to school / pre school in one hour :j:j oooh just heard Chris Evans wife expecting twins :T

Back later have fab days all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

OH is going away for work until Thursday

Wm is on
    Bed stripped, one more to go, but I need house guest to get out of it! :)
    Food shopping list made

Do to, some time this week:;-
    Clean house top to bottom
    Remake beds
    Power way the side path
    Power wash wheelie bins / food waste
    Repaint wooden edging from the paint being blasted off it when I did power wash last week
    Check direct debits and move round where needed, (tesco's are changing their rules over DD's!)
    Check pension entitlement...........and when it can be activated!! :)
    Long drive possibly Tuesday as weather going to be good.
    Hospital appoint. Diabetic eye test Thursday.
    And loads of other stuff too boring to mention

Scripers going ok, no spends so far this month. (I have spent on food / petrol only :T)

Slinkies :o:o kick up !!!
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone. Hope you're all ok.

So far today I have:

Changed the bedding, washed stuff now on the line
    Walked the dogs
    Done a mountain of paperwork

Still to do:
    Dust dusty bits in LR
    Wash the breakfast dishes
    Clean all floors
    Ironing
    More washing
    Official list - think it will be the last item as I'm joining a new club later today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,018 Forumite
    Options
    DW on
    sides cleared
    maggot bin emptied
    recycling recycled

Right.. one sleeping child..... go go go!!!

Empty DW
    Hang our washing
    have lunch in peace
    fold the table mountains of laundry and clear airers etc.
    ring CS about picking up chair and pouffe

THEN I can do the cupboard clearing I have planned!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Failing miserably - still no weight lost despite only eating one small meal per day. :( And if you saw my post on last week's thread, you'll know I'm failing on the Scrimpers front too, having had four annual bills to pay, and having in desperation ordered a vibrating under-pillow alarm clock because I can't hear any of the three alarms we have in the bedroom when I'm not wearing my hearing aids. :(
    I think I may just shoot myself and be done with it.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mummy2threeboys
    mummy2threeboys Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Congrats on the school atypical blonde, must be a relief.
    So i did flylady last week , was the kitchen so it's very tidy. I'm going to sick to her site and do some of this one..otherwise ill just sit on my bum all week

Would like to try slinkies..I go away in a month so would like to lose half a stone!
    current weight 142lb

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 1

Clean table - don't forget the legs!
    Wipe mats and/or change cloth
    Wipe sockets and switches
    Clear worktops and wipe down
    Wipe kettle/clean toaster
    Clean/wipe whatever lives on worktop
    Put everything else away

Level 2

Clean drawer and cupboard fronts
    Clear moulding/rotting furries from fridge and wipe out
    Ungunge drain holes
    If you've time remove shelves etc and wash out properly

Level 3

Wipe hob and oven
    Sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Clean windows and wipe sills

Extras

peg out some washing

Fling any junk from bathroom
    Fling junk/unwanted books from hallway bookshelves
    Clean bath
    Clean taps/sink
    Polish wood work
    clean mirrors

Book travel insurance

Have a great day all
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Options
    LW you are not failing, annual bills are acceptable, and so is the alarm you need, I don't hear my alarm or phone at all, but I have a cat that is set to 6am!! :)
    Slinkies, you and I can start again this week, I must try harder, and where possible I must take more exercise.

Whole house is clean!
    All washing out on line
    Bins cleaned, just need them to be emptied then I can power wash
    Food bought and away, hope fully enough for the week.
    Just eating then off outside to take old rusty bbq apart so I can get it in my car and to the tip
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Relief here too ATB...Tiny accepted for our lovely local primary school. Oh, my days they're gonna be sorry about that :rotfl:

Both turfed out to breakfast club first thing, so I've made a good start today.

I have cleaned the dining table, refilling the depleted fruit bowl and remembering to water my succulents whilst in there. I am by no means a gardener, so this will be a test for me to keep the poor things alive. I also changed the batteries in the air-freshener (plus the fragrance canister as the one we had was a sickly, overpowering scent. All plastic and metal duly recycled.

The kitchen is a WiP as I have a whole lamb to butcher and am only about a third of the way through. I was super excited to get to use my vacuum packer (yes, I am that sad) to make the lamb freezer-ready.

I haven't managed the cupboards, but did de-mankify the WM drawer in between cycles. Totally grots. WM is already on its third load this morning, poor thing.

I popped out to the jewellers to collect my new-to-me earings and am proudly wearing them as they are so sparkly! In and out of the shop in five minutes and was able to park outside, which literally never happens, so win-win as no parking charge.

Stopped for some fruit and veg on the way home. Who knew that pizza counted as fruit simply because it is ham and pineapple?...

Having a quick cuppa then back into the dark hole of Calcutta to clean the hob and oven. It's not actually too bad, so I'm hoping DSS might keep things clean and tidy when he and his GF come to visit next month.

Cor, what a ramble - sorry ladies! I'll shut up now.

Laters x
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just back in from work and had lunch, but bad news on the scrimpy front (I haven't joined the challenge offically but had been trying), after a great March with no unnecessary spending and taking lunch in instead of buying and using free parking which is further away so has the added bonus of more steps I went and blew it today by buying a new pair of 3/4 jeans, ok I only have short shorts or full length jeans so they will get a lot of use and could be classed as necessary, am I trying to make excuses?!

This afternoon I will clean shelves in the fridge, throw more out of kitchen cupboards, do the ironing and lesson plan for tomorrow morning.

Now for a coffee!
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family