Help to Save NOW OPEN: when it's worth it, and when it isn't!

Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've since setup SO for £50 each month from 2nd May.
    This is my 1st serious saving attempt in a few years.
    With the choice of 2 or 4 years is achievable and could be very smart for any home improvements.
    Thanks mser's
    Just one phone call to establish when I'll see a withdrawal link (for future reference only)
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Is H2s open yet as lines are from 08:30 -yet IVR message is offices are closed.
    I've yet to find the withdrawal link unless it's by telephone
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 16 April 2018 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Called H2s helpline
    It opens from 10:00 A.M.
    Not 08:30 as website states.
    Withdrawal link should be with bank details. Expecting a callback as I don!!!8217;t have the withdraw link
    Since received callback-the withdrawal link may appear from tomorrow as I made debit card payment from rbs Sunday which doesn't leave account until today.
    If not then a fault has been raised to check the website.
    Excellent though as the kind advisor did confirm my account is open which I can continue to run 2-4 years.
    To avoid any misunderstanding I'm not planning to make any withdrawals,I'll only consider from 2nd and or 4rth years.
    Happy saving mser's this is my 1st attempt for years,I do have debt to clear though I'm going to save whilst making payments to my debts even if it costs more over next few years.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    ProDave wrote: »
    Have you set up your bank details? I think you need to do that before withdrawal options are available.

Re the bonus affecting your tax credits? surely not. It's tax free for a start, so I would no more include the bonus in my "income" calculations for tax credits, than I would include the income from tax credits themselves.
    Refer to my recent post page 2 today.
    Thanks 1st step towards saving :)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I want to open an account where is the open link please
    It is on the gov.uk website, a link to which you quoted. You should make sure you read the entire information before you apply.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I see my wording was misleading. I certainly didn't mean there were no eligibility criteria. Obviously you have to be over 18, British citizen, in receipt of TCs. All I meant was that while officially only in a trial phase now, it seems that anyone can open them, i.e. not only if you got an invitation, but again obviously only if you're eligible. Sorry if I caused confusion!
    No, not anyone can open a Help To Save account, as you yourself acknowledged in your previous sentence.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Thankfuly withdraw money tab has since been added to H2s account balance -top tab
    Very satisfied within the terms of this account.
    Hope lots of people take advantage of this saving offer.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Not sure if I'll post every deposit.
    Wanted to mention my 1st rbs SO. Deposit is made 50.00
    That's H2s balance 100.00 -potential bonus 50
    Think I'll treat this like dmp and mortgage statements and maybe post an update every few months or yearly.
    What a start to saving,immense possibilities
    Thanks mser's!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can husband and wife both open an account?
    Husband works, wife doesn't
    We receive working tax credits as a couple as we have children.
    Are we both eligible or just the one who doesn't work? Or just the one who works?
  • chiefnoodle
    chiefnoodle Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can husband and wife both open an account?
    Husband works, wife doesn't
    We receive working tax credits as a couple as we have children.
    Are we both eligible or just the one who doesn't work? Or just the one who works?

yes i think so
    just log on to your gateway account with the link provided and see if it lets you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure