Barclays Mortgages - Track It

Options

Comments

• gjheward91
    gjheward91 Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2018 at 7:33PM
    Options
    They asked for one final document yesterday and said this is the last thing then mortgage offer will be issued....sent it in today and they're still on a 4 day turnaround :( so a loooong wait until Tuesday :(
  • LMM19
    LMM19 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    ohdear66 wrote: »
    OMG I bet you’re fuming!! Totally unacceptable!

I would say that the phone line are rubbish (if you get through to India). I chased ours up yesterday and they said it’s unafordable! I called my MA in branch and she said that was incorrect and I shouldn’t of been told that! Ridiculous. I’ve lost all faith in them and it’s such a waste of time if they don’t give us an offer after jumping through so many hoops.

Does anyone know if the underwriter just picks the case up as and when as I reply immediately with info and then nothing gets updated?!

H x

Fuming is not the word, I was panicking that we may end up losing the house, especially if they needed more information.
    So after confirming yesterday that this 'emergency email' had been sent they advised the underwriters had 24 to 48 hours to pick it up and action it. So I was sat at home just after 5pm feeling pretty low and I logged on to the Track-It (mostly because I thought 'I bet that Key Illustration Facts has been updated again' ) and there was a lot of green ticks including an offer in the post! I could not believe my eyes, I made my husband log on and check his too and even screenshot it just in case. This happened at 4:59pm and then around 7pm we got a text message to confirm an offer, followed by an email confirmation later on.

I am not how they went from 'your application hasn't been assigned to an underwriter and an emergency email needs to be sent' to offer but it is a huge weight off my shoulders.

I am not impressed with Barclays through this process, they have had so many mistakes and caused so much unnecessary stress but we got there, just got to wait for the post now! :-)

I am not sure why they would say to you that it was unaffordable and in terms of the underwriter picking it up, in my case it was a no without multiple calls but after the valuation it is meant to be 24 to 48 hours. Good Luck!
  • Smevchenko
    Smevchenko Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • ohdear66
    ohdear66 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations!!

We were asked for more evidence today !!!!!!!! They wanted proof of how I paid my credit cards off so I’ve sent about 20 lots of proof today including email receipts, bank statements and credit card statements just to confirm they are all at nil. So frustrating! Even the mortgage advisor is Shocked that they keep asking for more. Bring on tomorrow and another key facts update :(
  • LMM19
    LMM19 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    ohdear66 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!

We were asked for more evidence today !!!!!!!! They wanted proof of how I paid my credit cards off so I’ve sent about 20 lots of proof today including email receipts, bank statements and credit card statements just to confirm they are all at nil. So frustrating! Even the mortgage advisor is Shocked that they keep asking for more. Bring on tomorrow and another key facts update :(

That is not good, at least someone is looking at though whereas we were told no one had been allocated and then hey presto they acted. We are just waiting for it to arrive in the post but about an hour after it was updated in the Track It, we got a text, followed by an email.
    Calling them was driving me mad but I do feel that if I wasn't on at them, the missing information wouldn't have been flagged to our advisor and the fact that our application wasn't assigned to anyone wouldn't have been flagged, so keep on them.

We applied on the 5th April and got the offer notification on the 18th, so nearly two weeks which I am told is quick but it doesn't feel that way. Good Luck!
  • Smevchenko
    Smevchenko Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FYI, we were informed of the offer on Tuesday, arrived in post today.
  • ohdear66
    Options
    No update from me...underwriter doesn’t work Fridays and no one else has access apparently. Not even sure may I’m surprised to be honest. Have a lovely weekend everyone and hopefully Monday will bring some news x
  • ohdear66
    Options
    Still nothing!!!!! So cross!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • ohdear66
    Options
    We finally have our offer! Whoop!
  • gjheward91
    gjheward91 Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    5 days since we sent the last requested piece of information and nothing... MA is chasing tomorrow... fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure