Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Blue Cross cat rescue

in Pets & pet care
2 replies 1.1K views
adandemadandem Forumite
3.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi,
I have recently filled in an application for a cat at Blue Cross.
The cat is showing as reserved, I would think she'd be quite popular.
The site says it can take 48 hours to make contact with the successful applicant.
Has anyone else adopted through them? How long was it before you heard?
Thanks

Replies

• boots_babeboots_babe Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I'd have thought they'd want to do a home visit first before they considered assigning any animals over, that's the process most rescues use. Good luck!
  • LavendyrLavendyr Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Blue Cross often get several applications for the same cat and usually the centre will have a waiting list of people wanting to adopt a cat so they may contact those people first before they look at new applications. If you haven't heard, I'd suggest giving the centre a call and explaining about your application, they can then tell you what the situation is with any waiting list they may have. They can also add you to the waiting list once they understand the criteria you are looking for.

They may want to do a home visit as well, and they would certainly expect you to visit the cat a few times and spend some time together.

I have adopted through them but through a slightly different process as I was a short-term fosterer for them and adopted a cat I was fostering, but the above is my understanding of the usual process. They are very, very good at ensuring they match prospective adopters to pets though, so it is worth persevering.

Hope that helps. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals