ESA Work Capability assessment. Please help

Options

Comments

• bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    I know. Once a decision maker, always a decision maker. Looking at the whole picture rather than the individual conditions was very important to me. I miss my job :(

It’s also distracted me from the sense of impending doom _pale_

Same here, former civil servant myself too.

Hugs
  • Polgara72
    Polgara72 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    bspm1 wrote: »
    Same here, former civil servant myself too.

Hugs

Thank you :)

If it wasn’t for depression I’d still be there. Now on the ‘other side’..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    I always ask my GP and consultants if they've been contacted and they never have. I've been refused and had to pay my GP for a report to win my appeals.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 April 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    Thanks! They've never contacted mine either and that's for ESA and PIP, 2 reviews for each of them. Yet they contacted a Consultant for my daughters PIP claim, as well as all the evidence i sent in.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What Citizens Advice has to say

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/medical-evidence/

In my experience as a CitA adviser it is usual for the evidence to be sent in by the claimant.

That's not to say that there might not be occasions when DWP do contact the doctor themselves but it's certainly not the norm - that I am aware of.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I can assure you that it's not rubbish! and i do not post misleading information!

I can tell you that they very rarely contact any medical professional for evidence and i'm sure other regular posters will verify what i state here is true!! There's so many people that haven't sent in any evidence and they haven't contacted their GP or anyone, and they've gone onto being refused that benefit. This also includes PIP.

Well they did give me my ESA the Support Group. And I did not have to go for a face to face assement because they had enough information on the form and from the medical report from my GP when they wrote to her they said.

I put my GP and CMHT Social workers name and contact details on the form where they asked who to contact regarding my MH Condition.

And they wrote to my GP.

I later found out when I asked the DWP, that they only write to your GP, Psychiatrist or CPN but not social workers.
    Because a social worker is not a medical practitioner they said. Although they will accept any letters from the social worker I put in the claim pack as evidence.

But they only write to consultants, CPNs or GPs. They send them the ESA 113.

It was Maximas who did my ESA assessment which the DWP use.

They most probably did write to your GP in your case and but they don't tell you.

I only knew they did because my GP showed me the form when I went to her.
    Which is a questioner they send to the GP asking them your care needs.

But I got my ESA I am in the Support group.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    What Citizens Advice has to say

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/medical-evidence/

In my experience as a CitA adviser it is usual for the evidence to be sent in by the claimant.

That's not to say that there might not be occasions when DWP do contact the doctor themselves but it's certainly not the norm - that I am aware of.
    Thanks for that link. I did say in my above post that they rarely contact anyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've always thought it shocking that I give them details of a psychiatrist, CPN, Support Worker, GP, Neurologist and Ortho consultant and not one contacted! Why bother.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    I've always thought it shocking that I give them details of a psychiatrist, CPN, Support Worker, GP, Neurologist and Ortho consultant and not one contacted! Why bother.
    I agree. I've always given multiple names too but they just never have contacted anyone. I was shocked when they contacted someone from my daughters list. So many people think they will contact people so don't need to send the evidence in.

I really didn't appreciate being told what i said was rubbish and that i was posting misleading information by the OP.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Perhaps read the form a little closer? From PIP sample form.

Section 2 - About your health condition or disability continued
    Q2b - Tell us about:
    • tablets or other medication you’re taking or will be taking and the dosage
    • any treatments you’re having or will be having, such as chemotherapy,
    physiotherapy or dialysis
    • any side effects these have on you.

To be honest I never saw that last statement. For that particular section as I have said, I didn't write anything down other than say 'see prescription list attached'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure