Becoming debt free is HARD WORK

Options

Comments

• elvis69
    Options
    Sorry Glenda, just saw this. Yes that's a good idea. Unfortunately I think his mind is on other things now as we've just found out his dad has inoperable metastatic cancer. Sad times.
    I'm going to keep plodding through though, I don't want to be in debt, it makes feel feel shackled. It's not as much as others but it is going down and that's the main thing.
    I've had quite a few NSD this month and have started a bullet journal with the aim of organising my week and focussing my mind. It really helps in a lot of ways. I now have a meal planner book, a bullet journal and a wall calendar and it finally feels like I know what I'm doing.
    My youngest started school last week. I miss her of course, but the feeling of having a day to myself is immense, for the first time in 6 years my day off involves no childcare. I feel so less stretched and am obviously feeling a lot more chilled
  • elvis69
    elvis69 Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh I’d forgotten about my diary, still been on this site just not updating it. Turns out from 2018-2021 I’ve cleared 3000 off my debt and got an emergency fund of £1000. I’ll come back and keep updating this diary. I’ve also signed up for the NSD January challenge. I managed one yesterday which I’m pleased with  as there was a sale on at my favourite children’s shop and 8 had stuff in my basket and I put it all back! Yay, pretty pleased with that.
    today the children and I went for a lovely cold walk. Beautiful, but I’m missing my parents- they’re older so shielding whilst the world is bonkers
  • elvis69
    Options
    Im in bed. Have an ear infection 😞 still at least I'm deaf to the noise the kids are making 😂. I'm working extra shift this afternoon- another part of me clearing more debt I just need to plug away at it. Today will be a NSD too I'm hoping
  • elvis69
    Options
    Felt incredibly stressed about lockdown 3.0 last night but seems to have settled particularly as it's sorted (I'm a nurse). 
    Doing will with my NSD I feel like I may be on control of something. 
    I did a load of overtime last month so am hoping to be able to clear a grand off the debt this month. 
    Onwards and upwards 
  • elvis69
    Options
    Goddammit. Stupid unexpected payments. Forgot about a £300 debt repayment aS well as a Physio appt and cats requiring food. I had to move some of the savings I’ve accrued 😔. Tomorrow needs to be another NSD
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,567 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It is frustrating but at least you have some savings to be able to cover the payments and didn't have to resort to a CC.  I think that is a win!

• elvis69
    Options
    joedenise said:
    It is frustrating but at least you have some savings to be able to cover the payments and didn't have to resort to a CC.  I think that is a win!

Thanks, yes that’s a good way of thinking of it. Feels like two steps forward and one back sometimes!
  • elvis69
    Options
    Today has been easier. Kids have gone to school and I’ve managed to get so much work down today plus it’s been another NSD. I’ve found out I need office 10 for my PC tho, so that’s £70! Still would make it easier. Have a,so signed up for a few more shifts. While in lockdown I may as well!
    im still do my meal planning, but I’ll do it tomorrow as food shop on monday

• WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elvis69 said:
    Thanks, yes that’s a good way of thinking of it. Feels like two steps forward and one back sometimes!
    That's still a step forward overall - better than going backwards!! :smile:

• elvis69
    Options
    Quiet weekend here. Did some baking with the girls and yesterday we made scrunchies. Quite good fun and didn't cost anything which is always fab. Have had no NSD for three days tho due to essential things like food and fuel but I'm ok with that. 
    In a lot of ways lockdown can be quite helpful particularly as it stops me shopping. I need new thread and needles. I could get them on Amazon and have them by tomorrow but I'm going to get them from our local sewing shop as it's nice to support small businesses in these difficult times
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback