All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2018 at 8:38PM
    Options
    Had a lovely but tiring afternoon - walked around the golf course with OH for 3.5 hours, sounds dreadful but I actually really enjoyed it. The sun was shining, it was really peaceful (apart from the odd expletive from OH!!) and it was nice to be in the fresh air. We had a quick drink afterwards in the club house and then went our separate ways home. Have done 21000 steps today - my feet are pooped...

A bit of news.... OH has booked us flights to France during half term - we'll be away from Sunday to Thursday, it should be a nice break, with no work. He's still clearly either a changed man or on best behaviour....

I have a list of jobs to do this week, some of which are now urgent -
    1. Sort passport
    2. Driving licence
    3. Ensure the job process goes smoothly - all sent off, just waiting for the sate to sign paperwork now
    4. Book doctors appointment - done, Friday
    5. Book nurse appointment - postponing until after doctors appointment
    6. Book dog haircut - emailed mobile groomer
    7. Sort phone upgrade
    8. Cut the grass - done
    9. Clean the car
    10. Look into getting a heating engineer to look at the hot water - working but oddly hot or cold at times

The GCSEs start tomorrow so all hell will break loose in work - anticipating weepy bedlam for the next two weeks. Tomorrow is a long day with a long meeting after school so will be tired but need to sort at least one or two of the jobs above too.
    Better have an early night tonight - will need all my energy tomorrow
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brill news about the France break.... maybe he's realised he needs you more than you need him?? :D
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Brill news about the France break.... maybe he's realised he needs you more than you need him?? :D

Maybe.... Should have been more hardcore years ago!

Not a bad day at work - long and tiring but no major dramas. The exam season has now kicked off - all seemed to go ok today. It's a big one tomorrow - Science - so fingers crossed it will continue.
    Managed to get the new job paperwork all sent off ok and booked a doctors appointment for Friday to get my first repeat prescription. Hopefully, it will just be a routine setting up of the process and I can just do it online after that.

Left work at 6pm then took the dog for a trot round the park in the sunshine, made a nice salad to go with quiche for tea and then cleaned the kitchen, sorted the bins and tidied the dry washing away.
    Going to cut the front lawn after Corrie and then do the passport online paperwork- two more jobs ticked off the list :)
    Then I'll watch the new series Innocent and have an earlyish night. Rock and roll!!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    A busy but good Tuesday - it was the first science exam today and apparently went well according to the children - fingers crossed. I prepped them as well as I could - we'll see, at least they've had a confident start.

Also managed to get my online passport application done - picking it up from the passport office in Liverpool on Saturday afternoon - not cheap but necessary... I could have saved £70 if I'd been organised and done it before it expired but at least it's done now.

Taken the dog to the park in the sunshine after work and saw my old vet with his new puppy - absolutely gorgeous and huge! The dog that is!!
    Also spoke to Dad - he has his biopsy results tomorrow - seems understandably nervous. Will ring tomorrow to see what they say.

Going to go for a run this evening and have a little bit of prep for a meeting tomorrow to do but other than that no plans.

8 more working days to half term.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Oh my god......
    Everything went mental last night - got a call from the new Head's PA at 6.30pm to come in today and do a full formal interview at the request of the governors.
    So, I had to write a lesson to teach, a presentation to deliver and prep interview questions last night!! Worked solidly from 6.30 - 12.30 then went to bed to get up at 4.30 to finish it all off.....

Have just finished the whole interview thing and the governors are "deliberating", just have to wait around in a room in my own until they've finished.

Twiddling my thumbs and just want food! Am starving!!!
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    That sounds horrendous! I hope it has no effect on whether or not you get the job!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for both you and your dad today!
    ETA x
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Fingers crossed it's just a formality - thinking of you.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£355.00 (71%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£072.50 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Good news !!! It was all just for show - got formally offered the job 20 mins after I wrote the last post :)
    Have a letter to seal the deal and went back to my school, told OH, taught 2 lessons and then formally resigned......
    Feels very strange....but I suppose it's the start of a new chapter.
    Remarkably, OH has been very good - helped me with the presentation content last night, texted first thing this morning to wish me luck and has been really understanding and supportive this afternoon during the resignation process.
    It's all very sad but good at the same time.

Had an upbeat message from mum saying that they were going out for tea and she'd ring me later - hopefully that's a good sign too - fingers crossed xx

Am shattered now I've sat down, just pottered round the park with dog in the sunshine and need to catch up on the day's email and events in a minute but otherwise no plans for tonight. Looking forward to a soak in the bath, some nice tea and an early night..... Wouldn't want to have too many repeats of the last 24 hours..... ;)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow, what a 24 hours...Well done on formally getting the job.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning, finally got some sleep last night - feeling much better this morning.
    Just walked the dog and am looking forward to a busy day at work - it's the chemistry exam this morning so fingers crossed that goes ok.
    My resignation will be announced this morning too - I'll be the talk of the town for 24 hours....

More good news - Dad's results came back and the cancer hasn't spread :)
    They managed to control it and it hasn't grown further in the original site and they can't find evidence of it elsewhere so a huge relief. What a day yesterday turned out to be for the Mumblingtaff household....all good though.

Right better get in the shower and get sorted for the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure