NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We're going away for 2 weeks in April so I thought I might not be able to join in but if I don't have to count in my meals out (all budgeted for) I'd like to join this month.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks misstara, count me in.

The kids break up today for the Easter hols so we do spend more over this period than normal plus we are going to Edinburgh next week, all saved for but still spendy, it's the first time we've been and it's a long way so I'm not going to miss seeing the things we want to see just because they cost money but we will of course be doing lots of free things and generally being sensible.

I'm still continuing with my 'buy nothing new' year and apart from decorating items and curtains for DD's room (I tried to buy second hand but no luck) I've stuck to it. Plus I am still plugging away at going 'low waste' (it's called Zero waste but that is impossible), we have made some good changes but it is hard.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Please sign me up. I am not sure how many NSDs I will aim for at the moment. There is a high chance that I will be living in a B&B or travel lodge from the 21st April as I will be homeless, so may need to buy food daily. However, I wont know until then.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    Count me in please - I like the 20% extra challenge!
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can you please count me in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Count me in too please, I enjoyed last month, definitely felt more focussed. Will go through targets and budgets when I have my notebook in front of me. Hubby is away for the whole month (and some of May too) so I've got no excuse not to scrimp (I'm far less fussy than he, though thinking about having a takeaway the night he goes away as I'd definitely order a lot less and I've been craving one).
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh count me in please! March was terrible, used a bunch of my savings for various things, then overspent on a weekend away in Bath and also messed up my normal budget so had nothing left for the last week and a half of the month.

This month I'll be going on what I call a spending fast, so I'm aiming to only buy essentials and to only have 5 spend days all month :eek: whether that's realistic is another matter but I'll try my best!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Count me in please! Love the challenge.

Indigo warrior - take care. Hope things resolve themselves for you quickly.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    indigowarrior - Sorry to hear your news. Hope you get the help to sort out the issue. Sending you hugs.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Dottydaisy
    Dottydaisy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please count me in apart from not posting I do follow most of the rules.
    Indigo Warrior sending good wishes for yet another blow in your life. Take care. xx
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure