We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I want to believe I can do this!

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    pidge04 wrote: »
    Ha ha! I am ignoring the fact that my daughter’s 2 school dresses are so tight they have the potential to cut off circulation!
    With £270 left to pay off my Barclaycard, i have received a letter from them to say they are increasing my credit limit from £2400 to £3600!
    It’s best to keep my accounts open, isn’t it? Will that be good for my credit rating?

I am sceptical that it is best to keep it open. Your credit rating is irrelevant and the best way to get good deals is to manage one or two credit facilities well. Having more than that will not make a difference. You already have a loan and credit card with payments up to date. Any more than that may be too tempting for you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    The next thing to tackle should be your overdraft. That will damage your credit rating if that is not reduced or gone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello again lovely, you aren't planning on buying a house any time soon are you? It was renting, wasnt it? That's why I was assuming you would close the card. Either way in your position I would close the card. Gets rid of the risk of using it and it doesn't hurt your credit rating to close a card. You're doing brilliantly.

Well done on showing him that you need more help with money. They don't even realise all the things you have to buy. Especially when it comes to the kids. My husband's always groaning when I have to fork out for shoes or clothes for them. Still have to hear about that one time I got him to pay for one pair of shoes. You're doing brilliantly. Your getting really close now. Did you sort out a tree? Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Hopefuljoy
    Options
    Hello Pidge04! I hope your week has gone well and I'm really pleased your husband is contributing more to help you out.

I seem to have fallen behind with my Christmas decorating and need to get everything out of the loft. I'd love to know how you're getting on with your tree decision. My DD and I have a five year old tescos fake one which we love. It was £15 in a sale and it fluffs up really well. I think I'd stress too much about a real one with watering etc.

Have a lovely Saturday and 'see' you soon on the diaries!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am going to close the credit card down when the balance is settled on the 21st Dec.

We got a real tree. Much cheaper than last year’s one! I’m going to look out for an artificial one in the sales for next year and for the following years!

Hope you’re feeling festive!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Good solution. Enjoy the smell. But never forget the needles :) xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • pidge04
    Options
    Had the hoover out mutliple times already. Will probably need a new hoover by Christmas Day!!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Really looking forward to paying off CC1 on Friday!

Looking forward to updating my loan amount tomorrow when that will be another month paid.

Have written 4 financial goals in my new diary for 1st January 2020. Want to stick to them and achieve them.

Did a babysitting job last night. Very positive.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Hooray! Paid off credit card 1 today.
    I’ve removed it from my signature and replaced it with my overdraft debt which I will start paying off next month.
    I feel quite emotional about it. Things are different from last year when I couldn’t see the wood for the trees.
    I am feeling optimistic about the year ahead.
    I am going in the right direction.

Merry Christmas.
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Wow Pidge! Just look at your sig! There's practically nothing on there! You've totally turned it all around. Are you closing this credit card too? Are you credit card free? As for overdrafts I have mine on £100 so if something goes out I'm not hit with charges but generally try to forget its there. AND only 2 people left to pay. You've gone from 4 to 2 so quickly and all down to your determination. I'm so impressed by and pleased for you. That's fantastic.

Love that you've made goals for 2019 that you're happy with. It's going to be a big year of change for you. We'll all still be here cheering you along.

Hope you have a really lovely Christmas with your mum and your little girl this year. Merry Christmas Pidge xxxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills