Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I didn't realise you had a diary! Congratulations on being debt free xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Happy new shiny diary :D

Glad you decide to stay with your homies here ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Chanie, thanks for popping by. Not a huge amount planned for the Easter hols as both children have exams when they return so lots of revising to do in the PWPS household, also DD has a mountain of coursework to do, hopefully we will get a day out somewhere to give them a break, maybe also a trip to the cinema if there is anything they want to watch, DD has mentioned the new Peter Rabbit film :rotfl:.
    I'm planning on lots on tidying and decluttering and I might give the kitchen a fresh coat of paint.

A relaxed Easter sounds like it could be what you all need.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new diary, have subscribed.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good morning, well it looks as though we might get another nice day here which means I can peg out:D, little things!

DS got up in a much brighter mood yesterday, I received an apology and we discussed his anger, teenagers who'd have them:(.
    I'm quickly going to gloss over the £200 that was spent on cricket equipment/clothing and focus on the fact i'm lucky to have a child that loves sport and is fit and healthy, it's good for social skills and working as a team etc.

Yesterday managed to get a couple of loads of washing dried outside instead of using the TD, also walked the dogs in the sunshine which felt good for the soul, 12 items listed on ebay and a heap of surveys done but none near payout so will just keep plodding on there.

Lovely to get up this morning and it be light outside, feels as though spring is finally here, 30 mins of yoga this morning done and I feel ready to take on the day, grocery shop this morning and going to lidl for a change as we are passing on the way to look at some kitchen floor tiles, decided to not rip out the kitchen and put a new one in as the one that is in is solid and well built but I hate the orange pine wood so we have decided to sand and paint the units cream and get rid of the ugly brown lino and replace with floor tiles that match with the porch area, this will be much much cheaper than a new kitchen refit.

To do today
    Finances.
    list ebay items
    Mount Washmore x3
    Price up tiles for kitchen/dining room.
    surveys
    Grocery shop.

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Ring relatives.
    Send Easter cards.
    Make school children's Easter treat.
    Make enquiries regarding a school trip DS wants to go on next year.
    General housework.

Finances today
    £0 TT to general savings.
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£0
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£50
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy new diary! £200 :eek: I'm almost glad mine don't like sport.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good morning, havn't opened the curtains yet to see what kind of day it is but i'm hoping for sunny so I can peg out again. 20 mins of yoga this morning as I struggled to get out of bed but I still did it which is vast improvement to a couple of weeks ago when just taking a shower was an effort.

Yesterday was another spendy day £90 on a big shop in lidl and then went to tile shop which didn't quite go to plan as the tiles DH wanted would have been £700:eek: yeah right as if:rotfl:, anyway had a look in wickes and agreed on some we both liked and would be £200:D I checked online whist in store and they had a code for 15% off if you ordered online for click and collect saving £30, so ordered online for click and collect went for a coffee as they were ready to pick up after an hour, happy bunny :D.
    Sold an item on ebay last night but used the proceeds to buy some paint for the kitchen cabinets so nothing to savings. 3 items also listed.

Four days of work and then off for 2 weeks, hopefully it will be a quiet week.

To do today
    Finances.
    post ebay parcel
    Mount Washmore x 2
    surveys
    buy and Post friends birthday card.

To do this week -
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Ring relatives.
    Send Easter cards.
    Make school children's Easter treat.
    General housework.

Finances today
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£90
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£50
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, weather pants today after a few days of glorious sunshine,no pegging out today then. Poor nights sleep and feel bleugh this morning and not done yoga so need to do it later this evening.

Not much to update really, bank account has £40 in it to last me until Thursday, which is doable as the only thing I may need is fuel for the car. spent £30 on 2 text books for DD yesterday and £12.50 birthday card, present and batteries. Have received a £25 amazon voucher from a survey site that I had forgotten about so that was a nice surprise.

Apart from work and running the kids to various activities not much going on today.

To do today
    Finances.
    post ebay parcel
    Mount Washmore x 1 dry on airer
    surveys
    yoga at some point.

To do this week
    ebay listings
    Surveys
    Ring relatives.
    Send Easter cards.
    General housework.

Finances today
    £0 TT to general savings. £25 amazon voucher received
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£95
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£50
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Miserable weather here too today :( Great about the amazon voucher though :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, all quiet in the PWPS household and just today to go and then payday tomorrow and the money shuffle can begin.

Yesterday was uneventful just work and home, spent £10 on fuel for the car. DD did get some coursework back and got a distinction so very proud mummy.

Today is another day of work and home, will try and get a couple of bits lsted on ebay but not goig to stress about it as I can get it all done next week whilst off.

To do today

Finances
    ebay listings
    Mount Washmore x 1 dry on airer
    surveys
    yoga at some point.

To do this week

ebay listings
    Surveys
    Send Easter cards.
    General housework.

Finances today
    Weekly Grocery budget 23/3/18 - 29/3/18 £100/£95
    NSD 0
    personnel spends £50/£50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure