Cheery's country living adventure

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,459
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thats quite a dilemma, Cheery (not). Go for it! If a life coach could help you with your thoughts about "not deserving", even just for this job application, that would be wonderful. But watch out, it might be a transferable skill, that you realise you can go for what you want! I know you're not materialistic at all - but you might be able to always afford to shop at a zero waste store, for instance, or drop some hours, or buy Mr Cheery a musical instrument he's always wanted :):):)

Seriously, go for it. By all means read the book as well :) And check out Youtube - the guy (Jon Kabat Zinn, who I think is a neurologist) who did medical research into mindfulness by running a group at the hospital where he worked, including psychological trauma, amputees etc, he has lots of videos on there.

Sorry, I get a bit enthusiastic :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,562
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ha, thanks KC :) Don't be telling Mr Cheery about your suggestion of buying a new instrument though :rotfl: Not that he needs any encouragement in that area at all :rotfl:

Ultimately I would LOVE to drop some hours. I used to love working four days a week! :j It's a balance though - right now it feels like the right thing to do to work full time (and I get so much holiday I've been able to take Fridays off for most of the summer, and still have a few weeks off too).

Right, had a conversation with Mr Cheery and now I'm off to ring this coaching woman to see if she can sort me out :o
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Good luck with that!
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,227
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you have decided re the coaching, it might not seem very MSE in the short term but its about more than that. The coaching could impact on lots of areas of life where you feel [even subconsciously] you 'don't deserve it '

Wouldn't harm to read the book as well while you are on hols :cool: Good luck!
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,955
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good luck with the Life Coaching Cheery. You deserve it so much :)

Love your little story about the little Hare in your garden this morning. Aww bless :)

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,790
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Glad you're going for the life coaching Cheery, it sounds like it might just do the trick. You totally deserve the job!

Love the hare in your garden - how wonderful!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,012
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning Cheery. I am a qualified Coach but I don't think I'm close enough to you to offer any one to one support :( If you find the cost of the sessions a bit high, I would recommend this book. It's a process I'm qualified in and it's helped me to achieve all sorts of goals in my professional and personal life. It's in the form of a workbook and guides you through each step of the process. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it or talk through your findings if you go that route.

Fortune x

PS You can get a copy really cheaply on the Bay
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Cheery_Daff
    Forumite
    Thank you Fortune, that's very kind of you :) I'll investigate the book you suggest, looks interesting!

I did ring the local life coach, and left a message (maybe she's on holiday with all the builders?! :rotfl: )

In the meantime, I remembered a specific service I'd investigated a while back but not signed up for - it's one specific to my career area, and includes a forum and various other things, and most relevant for me, a dedicated writing time slot each week :rotfl: I spotted there was one yesterday afternoon, so took the plunge and signed up.

It was great - you ring a set number at a set time, the coach woman guides you through an introduction for 10 minutes thinking about your project, aims etc, and then you all hang up and write for 90 minutes, then ring back in to say what you've done and have a bit of a debrief :rotfl: I sat on my backside and wrote for the WHOLE time - and even refused to make Mr Cheery a cup of tea when he came home half way through and asked me to put the kettle on :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seems ridiculous :rotfl: but I will VERY happily pay someone a fiver a week if it means I have access to that three times - that's potentially 4.5 hours of dedicated time (which I WILL dedicate, because I'm paying for it after all :rotfl: ) doing the very thing that is SO important career wise but which always gets put off in favour of more urgent stuff :D

Obviously it's not doing the same thing as a life coach would - but it certainly got a good amount of the promotions form written yesterday :eek: Maybe that combined with the book will be enough to get me through?! :money:

Anyway, officially I am OFF today, but my procrastination over the last few days :o means there are several loose ends I feel I must tie up - even if only by sending emails saying 'I'll do this when I get back'. So I've given myself until 1pm to tie those up, and then I'm closing the work computer down and going out in the sunshine (assuming it's still shining then!)

Actually need to go on a secret birthday present buying mission for Mr Cheery :eek: His birthday is Monday and I currently have NOTHING :eek: The thing he asked for I can't get (I'm on a waiting list :rotfl: ) so will need some ingenuity to find an alternative...

But work first!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Forumite
    Morning MSE chums :hello:

Not much to report. It's Mr Cheery's birthday today so we have been to our favourite cafe (they put a candle in his smoked salmon bagel :rotfl: ) and are now off to a little market town for a mooch about which is one of his favourite things :j

So there have been spends, and there will no doubt be more :rotfl: but not extravagant.

Anyway, a friend stayed over the weekend and asked me to do her a favour which involved driving for about 2.5 hours and lifting a load of stuff :eek: I would happily have done it for nowt but she gave us £60 :j so that can pay for treats today (and more) :j
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday Mr Cheery :j:j:j
    :bdaycake: :coffee::coffee:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income