IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

clarification on PCN with blue badge

Options
1235»

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Anyway, back to the OP's situation:
    Sorry to say, IMHO that driver needs to park more considerately. An average good driver would not park under a 'no parking' sign and nor would anyone assume they could blag free parking in a P&D car park, on private land. No-one should assume that a BB holder is poorer and less able to pay a fee than the rest of society, that's not what 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled people is about.

However, hopefully they will park more carefully in future and certainly won't pay the PPC, because two wrongs don't make a right. If people stopped paying these scum firms, they would curl up and die out.

I agree entirely. As I said earlier, a BB is not a golden shield that gives immunity for all events and can see no relevance in this particular case. OP needs to use a technical defence.
  • doggychops
    doggychops Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just came to say a massive thank you for everyones help and advice.
    MIL's fine has been cancelled.
    Also, thanks for being patient. I realise that it's difficult for regulars to not become frustrated with 'lay people' like me who are not familiar with laws and regulations etc..and also those who are not that computer savvy to be able yo navigate round this site as well as some may like.
    I find myself in similar situations when its a subject i am knowledgeable about. So, again, thanks for the patience.

Regarding the latter posts and the gentleman with the two parking fines. I totally agree on moral grounds alone and have told him he needs to be more mindful and considerate in future and to pay them. Hopefully he will learn.

Cheers
  • doggychops
    doggychops Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just as a note..both fines were from council...but i assume they contract the service out.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport