Employer asking me to work Weekend + Mon-Fri

Options

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Losing sight of the real issue here.

The OP has chosen to extract what they believe are the relevant parts of the contract, the remuneration is not relevant as that is not the issue they raised.

there issue is with time off, they may have decided to leave out the bit of the contract that covers that in relation to regular and contractual additional hours but I suspect not.

If there is nothing in the contract then the OP needs to negotiate with the employer for alternative rest periods.

getting extra pay does not solve the OP's problem.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    As for burning out I think we need a reality check here

OP is knocking out a 9-5:30 day and this will be a couple over a weekend

12 days 8.5hr knock 5x30mins off for lunch + lets add a few for the trade fair, 110hr max less than 40% of the time available over 12 days

getting very tired would be loads of work prepping for the trade show meetings into the evening and processing all the proposals for the orders taken at the trade show 12hr days min 140+hrs
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

12 days 8.5hr knock 5x30mins off for lunch + lets add a few for the trade fair, 110hr max less than 40% of the time available over 12 days

getting very tired would be loads of work prepping for the trade show meetings into the evening and processing all the proposals for the orders taken at the trade show 12hr days min 140+hrs

Most of the "burn-out" will be caused by the beers in the hotel bar afterwards....!
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2018 at 2:27PM
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    What facts are there to comment on, other than the info given. You are the one assuming he is on 100k. lol

Do you not understand English? I am assuming nothing and stating nothing. You are telling him this is unfair and advising him to act in a certain way based on your assumptions. Don't just wail again "No I'm not, you are." You are making an absolute fool of yourself.

And I have never worked without getting paid either. You know why? Because my salary is for Mon-Fri 9 to 5 and occasional work outside those times when required.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options

You really have no idea he'd have to do any of those things. He might be doing meet and greet and nothing else.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Options
    You really have no idea he'd have to do any of those things. He might be doing meet and greet and nothing else.
    If he's taking orders on the day for those quantities, I suspect his commission will be quite high anyway
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you not understand English? I am assuming nothing and stating nothing. You are telling him this is unfair and advising him to act in a certain way based on your assumptions. Don't just wail again "No I'm not, you are." You are making an absolute fool of yourself.

And I have never worked without getting paid either. You know why? Because my salary is for Mon-Fri 9 to 5 and occasional work outside those times when required.

I understand English but not always drivel.

By acting in a certain way you mean speaking to he's manager and looking into the matter more. Yes that's one of my suggesting's. Do check the others. You are the one jumping up and down saying "what if he is paid 100k" lol

Of course its assumptions, where do you think you are..........in court? This is a forum, we work with what we have, lord help me!

I don't care what you get paid. I just corrected you when you suggested salaried or contacted people can not get paid overtime or banked time. Hope that helps as you are making a monkey of yourselves but getting all upset that people have the audacity to disagree with you. If it was all obvious...........its not to the OP.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    Guys, seriously, I think there are way too many assumptions being made and, without more input from the OP, further discussion seems a little pointless. All points made have their merits but, taken out of context, probably fail to assist the OP towards a resolution of any kind.

Everyone's situation is different and it seems it is far too often nigh impossible for those in a certain income bracket to have any insight into what life is like for people in very different circumstances. I have been guilty of this myself and no doubt will be again but I value the opportunity to learn from those whose experiences differ from my own.

"Everybody be cool, it's just a normal day."
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    I understand English but not always drivel.

Strange that you say this and then write a post that is very fluent in it.

There's no point talking to you. You can neither comprehend English nor express yourself fluently in it. I can only be thankful that in consequence, it is clear to anyone that taking your advice would be an extremely foolish thing to do.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Options
    Let us hope that one whose communication is, to put it politely, somewhat lacking is not in a position where he can do any harm on whichever oil installation he is presumably employed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure