Delay in renovation work

Options
124»

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    teneighty wrote: »
    Doozer aren't you forgetting it was the contractor who gave the 3/4 month time frame? I assume they knew the customer was going to be in residence throughout.

Sounds like it was wishful thinking on the part of the contractor that they would be able to complete £150k worth of work with the family in residence and their other work commitments. Or it was a clever ploy to win the job and they always knew they couldn't complete in 4 months.

However this does not change the fact that the OP has no grounds to claim damages for delays in the absence of a building contract with a L&AD clause.

I find it rather perplexing that someone engages in a £150,000 building project with no contract, no knowledge or experience and no professional support. I'm inclined to think 9 months was pretty good under the circumstances.

Also no interest. Only recently has OP been complaining about the damage done to the grass verge by their home, caused by the building works, yet claiming it is not their responsibilty. The logic here being they turned a blind eye to the damage and had no concept of community pride, or a sense of neighbourliness.

I sense OP is a modern person,me, me, me, and to hell with everybody else, which includes not only their neighbours, but also their builders. If justice prevails then one hopes the builders will be equal to OP preaning themselves on their negotiating skills.

Before anyone shoots me down on all this reflect on OP's earlier post "I am in control..." and then the earlier post " I will be brutal ...". I pity the builders for ever getting involved.

The whole episode redefines the concept of a client from hell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport