Esa ?

Options

Comments

• sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks i think he has applied for correct one because asked for sick note info and said he would have to make appt for medical? It said we are in a UC area? it is just the contributory ESA , its very confusing
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sheilavw wrote: »
    Thanks i think he has applied for correct one because asked for sick note info and said he would have to make appt for medical? It said we are in a UC area? it is just the contributory ESA , its very confusing
    As you are in a full UC credit are it will be NEW style ESA contribution based that he needs to apply for. You will not recieve any money for UC because your income will be taken into consideration. Please read back through all of the advice you've had above. You will be waiting all that time for the UC payments to start for nothing. He needs to check his NI contributions from the last 2 tax years.

UC is a means tested benefit as clearly stated above in a few other posts.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you click on Alice's link about claiming contribution based ESA?
    (now called New Style ESA)

You have to make a separate claim for this.

How to claim new style ESA
    The way you claim new style ESA depends on where you live.
    If you live in a Universal Credit full service area
    If you live in a Universal Credit full service area, you can claim new style ESA by calling:
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644 (choose option 2, then option 6)
    Textphone: 0800 328 1344
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Your OH needs to telephone and make a claim.
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Thanks we rang the numbers and was given another number and a link to go on. They said he can claim contributory ESA and mentioned something about 26 wks nat ins paymts. He said my income or savings doesnt count and it was £73 or something. I was just confused because it asks about me when he said married. I obviously dont want/need anything. The last part is to phone a number to make a medical appt? Just wondering if he will need to go, he should be back in work in about 6 wks
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks we rang the numbers and was given another number and a link to go on. They said he can claim contributory ESA and mentioned something about 26 wks nat ins paymts. He said my income or savings doesnt count and it was £73 or something. I was just confused because it asks about me when he said married. I obviously dont want/need anything. The last part is to phone a number to make a medical appt? Just wondering if he will need to go, he should be back in work in about 6 wks

It is unlikely that he will receive an assessment before he is ready to go back to work. In which case he can just close the claim and go back to work.

He will have to complete a form to claim ESA and he should do so sending in medical evidence of his hip replacement and inability to work at the moment.

As I said, unlikely he will be called in for a work capability assessment before he goes back to work.

He must complete the form. Otherwise his ESA will stop.
  • sheilavw
    Options
    thanks , on the online form he put the date he went in hospital. He sent in Ssp form to work and hospital gave him 6 wk note on 29/1. they asked him all this on the form and his GP info. he ticked to give permission for them to contact them. just hoping hes done it right. the last thing is to ring to book this assesment , he tried to do it fri but it said due to weather not making any appts. he is going to ting tomorrow. i will be at work but will they be able to tell if applied for right thing? thank you everyone for ur help, its been confusing!
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Upsate, he got through to phone line Monday. He's asked for home visit. Despite me verifying my identify with the Post Office and getting confirmation email it said still to do. Yesterday a message in his journal for me to book an appointment to go to job centre. After holding 20 mins I got through and explained I wasnt claiming. The lady said the appt is just to verify my identity so I am going after work on friday with all my documents
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Upsate, he got through to phone line Monday. He's asked for home visit. Despite me verifying my identify with the Post Office and getting confirmation email it said still to do. Yesterday a message in his journal for me to book an appointment to go to job centre. After holding 20 mins I got through and explained I wasnt claiming. The lady said the appt is just to verify my identity so I am going after work on friday with all my documents
    This makes me think it's UC he's claimed and not Contribution based ESA (new style). I maybe wrong, if i am someone will correct me. As stated previously, he won't be paid any UC because of your income.
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I work part time, but have been off sick lots over the past 5 year and have now officially ran out of SSP.

Every time i go sick now I need to claim ESA Cont.

0800 023 4888 the message states which benefit do you want to claim, even when you get through to an advisor I made it clear I only wanted to claim ESA Cont. Only for the dates of my sick days as i was still working, as I have a hubby in full time work.

Journals are UC definitely not ESA, I've heard that word quite a few times on the messages as you call through the departments i needed. You've signed up to the wrong one. :(
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Thanks, I explained on the phone that I wasnt claiming and she said it was contribution ESA but the appt is to prove my identity as he put down he's married . She said we are in universal credit area. His company have still not returned his sick note ( i took a copy) or a form for him to fill in. This would have been easier?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure