No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries March 2018

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream a bit greasy?

I've always been a bit suspicious of this, she claims she used to make her own cream at home and take it backstage and everyone raved about it. I believe she took a pot of something backstage then copied it and called it Magic Cream. I looked into it once when I was buying into the whole Charlotte Tilbury hype but it is so expensive and quite a number of reviews of the ingredients had likened it to Ponds cream I think it was. Some of her products are nice but they are not going to change your life - she is an amazing saleswoman though no doubt about that.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Options
    VALM - I like the Eyeco Skinny Mascara, it has a really thin, long brush and the formula is excellent imo. I think M&S sell this brand now.

I have a uu

Chloe Body Lotion 100ml - this came with the perfume, it was very nice and the scent lasted, the perfume is almost done now so I'm glad to have finished this.

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    VALM - I like the Eyeco Skinny Mascara, it has a really thin, long brush and the formula is excellent imo. I think M&S sell this brand now.

I have a uu

Chloe Body Lotion 100ml - this came with the perfume, it was very nice and the scent lasted, the perfume is almost done now so I'm glad to have finished this.

I did try their fat mascara but it smudged like mad.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this afternoon:

REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk 25ml WNBA. I've tried this in the past and it was fine, but I was testing it for a few days and it started to make my skin a bit congested. I used it up as a hand wash. Another cleanser in my stash my get turned into a hand wash as well.

And one TA:

Lush Orange Roulade Shower Smoothie sample WNB. I can't get on with this. I've looked up how to use this and I still hate it.

I should have another one or two UUs soon, my toothpaste and mouthwash are nearly done :)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 March 2018 at 6:11PM
    Options
    IN

I have broken my no buy to take advantage of a QV* offer on Pestle & Mortar Hyluronic Serum, 15ml free alongside the standard 30ml size. This is to follow on from my NIOD NMHC, the formula has changed and there are several reports of people not being suited to NMHC2.

30ml Pestle & Mortar Hyluronic Serum 3/10
    15ml Pestle & Mortar Hyluronic Serum 4/11

VALM - I am trying to be consistent with the No 7 Nail and cuticle cream as my nails are so weak, they layer and 2 of them keep trying to split vertically, partly a health thing, but trying to help them along. I have a shed load of lovely polishes, but have had to file nails so short I would be painting the ends of my fingers:rotfl: I have also bought CND RescueRx - no one can say that I have not tried:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    Options
    UU : LUSH Citrus Are Doing It For Themselves- WBA it's lovely. Have others in stash though.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    Options
    maddie - I had that flu virus at Christmas and my nails have never recovered from it, they are dry, brittle and they peel, I am having to keep them very short too. I repainted them last night with Nails Inc Uptown with Essie hors d'ouvres as a top coat on my ring fingers.

I have two ins

Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover

Cutex Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover - this is supposed to remove glitter which is why I did one nail with glitter polish. I've got rid of most of my glitters because I hated removing them but a couple of really lovely ones survived.

These were both on offer in Superdrug and I used £1 in points so not a big spend, I wanted to get them in Boots and pay with points but they only stock their own brand it would seem and their own brand is absolute rubbish.

• VALM
    Options
    3 INS. Lovely LUSH bubble bars from my lovely daughter for Mothers Day x Did also get some food storage containers with inspirational messages on as non beauty gifts x

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Another UU : Clairol Root Touch Up. Waiting for it to develop as we speak.

Did place a couple of orders last night :-

Another 7.5ml bottle of Bare Minerals Intense Power Serum. I haven't finished the other but have ordered this to take on holiday in two weeks time.

I also placed an order for a Bath and Body Works hand cream. Again, to take away with me. I also ordered a candle, some wax tarts, box of tea lights and a grunge candle (?). This was only 75p on Clearance and took me over the £30 minimum spend for free delivery. Have started burning candles again and will need these soon.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi all. I don't know where the days are going but they sure are fast.
    Work has been brutally busy over the last 2 months and not gonna be different for the next two either. I've been trying to avoid impulse shopping but given in last Friday.
    I have some INs

Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Boost Facial Serum
    Superdrug Vitamin E Superbalm for dry skin, nails, cuticle etc
    Superdrug Vitamin E Nourishing Eye Cream
    Superdrug Vitamin E Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
    Superdrug B-Nourished Advanced Serum
    Makeup Revolution Dragon's Heart Highlighters for Face and Eyes
    Makeup Revolution Triple Baked Bronzer
    Gilette Venus Snap blades
    Gilette Venus Swirl

Vitamin E series were on offer - buy one get one-half price. Makeup remover is a favourite and will replace the same. I'm short on eye cream and I also like these serums, mostly use them for chest and neck now.
    I liked these highlighter/bronzers - they have the similar packaging/presentation of Too Faced ones. £5 each though.

Also, I think I forgot to declare INs from LF beauty box
    Skin Chemist Rose Quartz Youth Defence Lip Plump
    Renu Flash Relax Mask
    Ducca Freematic Eyeshadow Duo
    Omorovizca Balancing Moisturisers full size
    Plus a makeup brush for the face.

UU - Small bottle of Garnier Micellar water :P

To be fair my stash is going down well. I should focus more on using some of the body care products and perhaps TA some makeup etc.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport