No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries March 2018

Comments

• sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Omg I just had a moment of madness and bought 10 liquid/cream eyeshadows?! I wanted to replace my old shadows and just chucked every colour in the basket. These better be worth it. Will list later. :eek: :(
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    IN Laura Geller Spackle. Bought from FB group. My FAB one will be finished tomorrow and this one will replace it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    i have some uu to report

bath and bodyword cherry hand gel- not my favourite but i do love the brand

garnier essentials hydrating day cream- for combo skin so not hydrating enough for me . wnba

sensodyne toothpaste sample - quite liked this and have a few more to use

molton brown pure milk soup - nice enough but i have a lot in my stash

need to do an updated list next time off. already done my food stock lol
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    kadison My stash has 104 items in it and it's worth over £600 :eek: It's quite shocking to see how much I've spent on things. My worst category is skincare. I really am a skincare addict. I really need to curb my spending.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2018 at 11:29PM
    I've never dared count mine. Not with two bathroom cabinets, stacker unit, box o' samples, two bags and three big shopping bags full of the stuff.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Omg I just had a moment of madness and bought 10 liquid/cream eyeshadows?! I wanted to replace my old shadows and just chucked every colour in the basket. These better be worth it. Will list later. :eek: :(

:eek: sorry but this made me laugh???!
    ally.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    kadison My stash has 104 items in it and it's worth over £600 :eek: It's quite shocking to see how much I've spent on things. My worst category is skincare. I really am a skincare addict. I really need to curb my spending.

That's not that bad, are you counting make-up in the stash? Just so I can post my comparative total......
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite

Have you ever finished one of these? They take a good 9 months to a year!

I've watched a YouTube video recently whereby there is a calculator to work out how long a certain category will take you to use up, the one I saw was for blusher. I think I'll try this tonight but by my reckoning these eyeshadow will take you 10 years to finish if used consistently. Hope this helps.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    kadison wrote: »
    That's not that bad, are you counting make-up in the stash? Just so I can post my comparative total......

I actually don't own any makeup so I'm not including it in my total.
  • sstevo19
    One UU from last night:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml WDBA and have.My go to moisturiser. I have another tube to replace this with and I'm going to start testing another moisturiser soon as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure