Now TV ..being d d on free entertainment pack

another_casualty
another_casualty Posts: 6,506
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 27 February 2018 at 12:01PM in TV MoneySaving
Howdy!
Last year after moving home, I decided to get now tv. It was in a sale from John Lewis . I eventually set it all up in November , with a 6 month free entertainment pass via the code given in the pack .

I had my eye off the ball, and at the back of my mind knew to cancel in the spring . This of course meant that once I gave my credit card details that I would be immediately charged by sky and had to fight to get a refund . I say fight, but I found live chat eventually and was polite as always to adviser . This is what happened over the last 100 mins : 1) contacted Vanquus . They said they could do nothing until I spoke to sky. 2) phoned sky automated service and while on hold took advantage of their text service so expected help that way
3) looked online googling my now tv problem 4) got text saying Kelly will contact me shortly..in the middle of this I spoke to 2 advisers . 1 put me through to correct dept 5) adviser and myself were pleasant to each other but the adviser had no record of the discount and why I was charged 6) after going through boxes to find the entertainment pass , I gave them the serial no of now t v box 7) I am getting 4 months refund.. contract cancelled ..plus a months free entertainment pass. 8) I now have to tidy and put back stuff after ransacking the flat

Forgot to mention ..text service only works for other sky products

So there you have it :)

Comments

• Not sure what the problem was? Now TV use 'passes' - you buy a pass one way or another and it lasts a month or a few months. With the free passes, once they expire you are automatically subscribed unless you cancel. If you don't cancel, then that's your issue not Sky's. If you buy a month pass today, you can cancel tomorrow and it still goes for a month.
    Alternatively, if you mean that you were charged for some of the months that were part of the free 6 months pass, then well done for getting it sorted, and thanks for sharing.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Confused.

You set up the 6 month free entertainment pass in Nov last year.
    You still have 2 months free to go before you start getting charged.
  • Apologies for slight confusion. :)

What happened was , I set up my free entertainment pass. I was charged straight away ,so the pass was not free at all. It turned out to be a p i t a , but I got my direct debits refunded .

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure